Sign in to follow this  
DapperDan

Various Minis - First Ones Ever

Thanks! I'm sure the jeweler thing played a part in these looking how they do for a first try. I've always loved drawing, that turned into a bit of painting, sculpting, digital painting...did some body painting...I just love trying new artsy things.

When I got into jewelery I got better at the small things like finer motor control etc. that certainly helped out in painting. Also, the access to buy tools (jewelers saw, solder pick, diamond tweezers) made getting into doing the bases much easier as well.

And BuzzardB, have fun! Are you having them face her in a sandy setting like I put her or somewhere else?

I ask because I've given some thought to taking a few of these, buying another mini, painting them for a completely different environment and basing them appropriately (Like making her look like she belongs more in a swamp or in a jungle etc). I thought that would just be an interesting exercise in giving a mini character/personality.

Your 'first start' shows a lot of attention to detail and careful preparation. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go from here!

Those all look pretty awesome !!!!!!!

I have a question about Goldar (the bald barbarian) for you or anybody else. Is he wearing pants because his thigh muscles don't look right for muscles, but they look like pants (sculpt wise). But I don't think I've ever seen them painted as pants.

Thanks.

And BuzzardB, have fun! Are you having them face her in a sandy setting like I put her or somewhere else?

I ask because I've given some thought to taking a few of these, buying another mini, painting them for a completely different environment and basing them appropriately (Like making her look like she belongs more in a swamp or in a jungle etc). I thought that would just be an interesting exercise in giving a mini character/personality.

No they will most likely be facing her in an abandoned clocktower.

Well if you want to save yourself a lot of money you could try some sort of creative magnetic system where you can just pop your minis bases off and attach new bases for different areas.

No they will most likely be facing her in an abandoned clocktower.

Well if you want to save yourself a lot of money you could try some sort of creative magnetic system where you can just pop your minis bases off and attach new bases for different areas.

Its more than just the bases for me. If I were to take her and put her in say, more of a jungle setting, I would totally change the way I painted her. I chose the more diamond back like pattern and her overall color scheme because I wanted to place her in the desert. For a jungle, I would would either go with greens/poison arrow frog colors or something like an albino python (now that I've said it, I'm probably going to do the albino) with a jungle base. Like I said, its about the personal character of the figure, not just location :)

Those all look pretty awesome !!!!!!!

I have a question about Goldar (the bald barbarian) for you or anybody else. Is he wearing pants because his thigh muscles don't look right for muscles, but they look like pants (sculpt wise). But I don't think I've ever seen them painted as pants.

Thanks.

I wondered that myself honestly. I'd like to see what he would look like with some pants actually.