Desert Warriors

Amalor Myrnnyx

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great skin work and over all colors. I would like to see the highlights on the helm and gold of the male go up to more of a white (to show it's metal) but outside of that you've done a good job.

I agree with this assessment entirely. I think your skin tone and work on the clothes looks fantastic. I feel like you really captured a determined and commanding disposition with your work on face. Most excellent.

With the NMM, we need to be going deeper/darker in areas of less light and your hard edges need to have a "closer to" white appearance to really sell the effect. You're making great progress, but I suggest you use these two as an exercise to spend a couple more hours working the NMM and push yourself.

The rule of thumb for NMM is, if you think you've gone high or low enough, you probably haven't, so work the contrast even more.

Keep it up!!!

Some great skin work and over all colors. I would like to see the highlights on the helm and gold of the male go up to more of a white (to show it's metal) but outside of that you've done a good job.

I agree with this assessment entirely. I think your skin tone and work on the clothes looks fantastic. I feel like you really captured a determined and commanding disposition with your work on face. Most excellent.

With the NMM, we need to be going deeper/darker in areas of less light and your hard edges need to have a "closer to" white appearance to really sell the effect. You're making great progress, but I suggest you use these two as an exercise to spend a couple more hours working the NMM and push yourself.

The rule of thumb for NMM is, if you think you've gone high or low enough, you probably haven't, so work the contrast even more.

Keep it up!!!

Thanks. Though, that isn't NMM. It's RMS Antique Gold, with a light brown wash, and New Gold highlight (which the camera didn't like much."

I'm not a fan of NMM. It looks pretty in the picture, but not as good, imo, on the table.

• Like 1

Keep it up!!!

Thanks. Though, that isn't NMM. It's RMS Antique Gold, with a light brown wash, and New Gold highlight (which the camera didn't like much."

I'm not a fan of NMM. It looks pretty in the picture, but not as good, imo, on the table.

Then you might want to consider using a pearl white from reaper or Vallejo's metallic medium (metallic paint with no pigment) to brighten up the final highlights. The metallic medium is especially good as it really doesn't look too off when used with non-gray metallic.

Awesome job on . . .

1. The eyes! Fantastic.
  2. The purple robe. Man, purple is such a great color - lots of range make it a joy to paint and it gives models so much depth.
  3. The right hand sword of the second mini. I just cannot get over how well that came out for some reason.