Jump to content

Report

  • Optionally enter a message with your report.

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By R2ED
      I challenged myself to knocking one out in 40 minutes.  This was another pick from paint club, so I was wanting to get it done and get to another.  
       
      This little guy was fun to push with wet blending. It was hard for me to highlight only up to the pink, and man that stuff is a one coat and done!  Gotta really thin it out or it'll be cotton candy.   
       

       
      I ended up sticking to a 5 color rule.  My 5th color was the black brown on the nails.  It's not in the palette photo, but i did have some left on my palette from the orc chief earlier today.  
       
      I like the little belly and inner leg transition.  Wet blending for the win. 
       
      Really this would be more adorable than ominous.  Guess he'll just have to deal with the other gargoyles talking about him being the flamboyant one of the group.  "There goes Gorag again..." 
       

    • By Supes81
      So I really had to share this because I'm super proud of it and had to show it off 




    • By Dan S
      It feels like an age since I last posted a terrain build, my last build journal (still unfinished) was actually in October of last year, so it has been a while!
       
      Anyhow, my circumstances have changed and I have found myself with more free time to enjoy my hobby, and so this week I was able to sit down and start a new build, another photo backdrop, this time a cemetery (sorry no build journal this time, I just wanted to enjoy the project).  This one had been on my to do list for ever, the gravestones, coffin and the wall are all Reaper accessories.  I had a lot of fun with this one.
       
      On another positive note, I've now got some time to go back and revisit my 'Post Apocalyptic Suburbia' build journal.  I'm sure  many people don't even remember it, but leaving it unfinished has really been bugging me, so hopefully that one will have a much overdue update by the weekend!  

       

       

       

       

       

       

    • By lexomatic
      I decided because I have a bunch of grass boards, that I should do some backdrops for nice dioramas and maybe just regular photos. So I primed (mostly matte medium which I have liters of and a little primer and a tiny bit of craft paint for volume) some of my many cereal boxes.
      Should I do anything more than sky and land/horizon? Tree silhouettes maybe? Got any good examples

    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, now that my Perils of the Underworld diorama is built, I'll post here the detailed steps of my paintings sessions. The Work in progress of the display base can be found HERE.
       
      Let’s start the painting section with a hack to save time. When I paint a large surface, typically a terrain piece, I apply paint straight on the surface and spread it with a large brush. It’s way faster, since I don’t have to go back to the palette each time to reload the brush bristles. Here I’m using a #8 flat brush.
       

       
      As a base coat for the display I used 09660 powderburn brown.
       

       
      I filled the gaps and hard to reach areas with a #1 brush. At this step, I’m using old brushes as it doesn’t matter if the bristles are sharp or not.
       

       
      I then applied a dry brush of 09028 muddy brown all over the base.
       

       
      I dry brushed of 09028 muddy brown on the upper part of the 03602 stone lurker and started painting the bat as well. The bat is from the 02018, Familiar Pack I. I used the same colors on the bat's perch that those I used on the display base. I painted the bat body in 29843 solid black.
       

       
      Next, I started layering the bat wings with military grey (this out of production color can be substituted by 09438 tempest grey).
       

       
      Here’s the picture I referred to for the bat wing colors.
       

       
      For the bat fur, I used 09059 aged bone and the fingers were painted with a mix of 29839 maroon red and 09059 aged bone.
       

       
      Even if it will be impossible to see the back side of the bat when it would be attached to the display base, I painted it anyway.
       

       
      17mm wingspan ready to take off. I applied a 29822 suntan flesh highlight on the stalactite, then a mix of 29822 suntan flesh and 09059 aged bone for the final highlights.
       

       
      Here’s the back side completed with a final 29822 suntan flesh highlight.
       

       
      Here you go, that’s it for today. Spread your wings and go explore the Underworld.
       

×
×
  • Create New...