• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to Shakandara for taking a large group of Reaper Rookies under his wing.

No thanks necessary; it was my pleasure. I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with so many new faces this year. You are all the reason I smile so much while I'm there. ::):

~v

.... I thought it was gas :)

• Like 1

Yes, this was awesome. Very well run and organized with super great staff. I'm completely addicted. Can't wait for next year! Thanks again to everybody who made the con happen and I hope to get to know everybody better.

Hey EJ, it was great seeing you guys again last night.

We need to seriously plan out a painting day in the future and try to build up a community of mini painters in the area!!

Welcome to the boards dispatch daveswife.

I'd like to make clear, I thought she should take her own forum name; but since everyone at the con called her Dave's Wife....

Yes, this was awesome. Very well run and organized with super great staff. I'm completely addicted. Can't wait for next year! Thanks again to everybody who made the con happen and I hope to get to know everybody better.

Hey EJ, it was great seeing you guys again last night.

We need to seriously plan out a painting day in the future and try to build up a community of mini painters in the area!!

Yes! I am planning a Paint'N'Take sometime next month at the FLGS here in Athens (on S. Lumpkin). I will let you know when.

• Like 1

.... I thought it was gas :)

Maaaaaybe?

:;):

Seriously though, don't tell Sanael, but my favorite moment of the con was the bone-crushing hug he gave me after the auction. He and Nisianna really wanted that case from Outrider, and after the first one sold for more ReaperBucks than they had, they resigned themselves to not being able to get one. Though I got the credit, I really just manage the pool and run the bidding. The credit really goes to everyone that chips in to our group each year; we collectively help people achieve their dreams for big items in the auction. Without all of them, it would not have been possible to purchase the bag for Sanael and Nissiana.

~v

• Like 6

Thanks to everyone who came to ReaperCon!! Big thanks to Luethar, my airport ride & roomie for the Con. Worked out great for the both of us!! Thanks to Evilmonkey for the Super Dungeon Explorer demos. I will be buying that one in the near future. Thanks to ReaperWolf, Joe, you are one hell of GM & just a great person overall. Thanks to Raphael & Dallas for the PFS game. Yes, I finally participated in a PFS game ^_^. Thanks to all that volunteered their time to help the Reaper peeps run the Con, espically to Qwyksilver. It was great catchin up with yah. Thanks to Vince & the guys & gals for the 2 nights of going out for dinner. I really appreciate the invite. Also, thanks to Adrift for the beer at Twin Peaks!! I owe yah! :bday:

Lastly but not least, thanks to Ed, Bryan, Ron, Matt & everyone else at Reaper. Thanks to the painters & sculptors. If this was my last ReaperCon as a regular, it has been a great 8 years. I will treasure the memories forever.

Vince, you are more then welcome for the chip add-in. Since getting the signed Advanced Magic from Paizo a few years ago, I've just been a spectator in the auction. Always great to see someone with a big smile on their face, like Sanael had after you gave him the bag.

hank you!!

RM

• Like 3

Seriously though, don't tell Sanael, but my favorite moment of the con was the bone-crushing hug he gave me after the auction. He and Nisianna really wanted that case from Outrider, and after the first one sold for more ReaperBucks than they had, they resigned themselves to not being able to get one. Though I got the credit, I really just manage the pool and run the bidding. The credit really goes to everyone that chips in to our group each year; we collectively help people achieve their dreams for big items in the auction. Without all of them, it would not have been possible to purchase the bag for Sanael and Nissiana.

~v

I won't tell him, but I will definitely say another big thank you! We've got big plans for that bag, including travel to next year's ReaperCon. It will see some serious use!

I mentioned this before, but a big part of what made MY first ReaperCon special this year was the friendly welcome we received. Shakandara in particular was really great about looking out for us newbies all weekend long...inviting us to dinner, plying us with cheesecake, and generally being a wonderful con ambassador. Both Sanael and I were completely floored by the auction generosity, and I'm sure we'll be paying it forward in the future!

• Like 3

Thank You to all of YOU. You guys are the reason we do this. You're a great bunch of people, and having you guys there to support us makes the difficult and stressful parts of the job easier to handle!

You want to know how I know you guys are great? Because I can leave my laptop out on a table all day and all night and nobody touches it. Because we left out on a table top, uncovered, a display of one of every Bones mini from the Kickstarter and they were all still there after the show! Because the sheer number of hugs I gave out as people left - to people that had been just names on a screen 4 days before!

You guys have such energy, such enthusiasm, and generate such tremendous positive vibes that we really do look forward to having you all back every year!

Thank You to all of YOU. You guys are the reason we do this. You're a great bunch of people, and having you guys there to support us makes the difficult and stressful parts of the job easier to handle!

You want to know how I know you guys are great? Because I can leave my laptop out on a table all day and all night and nobody touches it. Because we left out on a table top, uncovered, a display of one of every Bones mini from the Kickstarter and they were all still there after the show! Because the sheer number of hugs I gave out as people left - to people that had been just names on a screen 4 days before!

You guys have such energy, such enthusiasm, and generate such tremendous positive vibes that we really do look forward to having you all back every year!

Next year .... I will be there... It's just stupid that I live 40 minuets away and couldn't make it... ***((blocks out the fist half of next years calendar with ReaperCon))*** I don't think I'll have any scheduling conflicts next year.. ^_^

Thanks to everyone who came to ReaperCon!! Big thanks to Luethar, my airport ride & roomie for the Con. Worked out great for the both of us!! Thanks to Evilmonkey for the Super Dungeon Explorer demos. I will be buying that one in the near future. Thanks to ReaperWolf, Joe, you are one hell of GM & just a great person overall. Thanks to Raphael & Dallas for the PFS game. Yes, I finally participated in a PFS game ^_^. Thanks to all that volunteered their time to help the Reaper peeps run the Con, espically to Qwyksilver. It was great catchin up with yah. Thanks to Vince & the guys & gals for the 2 nights of going out for dinner. I really appreciate the invite. Also, thanks to Adrift for the beer at Twin Peaks!! I owe yah! :bday:

Lastly but not least, thanks to Ed, Bryan, Ron, Matt & everyone else at Reaper. Thanks to the painters & sculptors. If this was my last ReaperCon as a regular, it has been a great 8 years. I will treasure the memories forever.

Vince, you are more then welcome for the chip add-in. Since getting the signed Advanced Magic from Paizo a few years ago, I've just been a spectator in the auction. Always great to see someone with a big smile on their face, like Sanael had after you gave him the bag.

Thank you!!

RM

Ryan sorry to hear that this was your last con as a regular, but I was glad I got to meet you. Here's to seeing you in the future at which ever the next Reaper Con that it is that you make.

Vince, I'm glad that hug was a good moment for you, because it was pretty well a cloudburst of my entire con experience. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, over the course of the entire weekend!

• Like 2

My wife and I go on vacation to the Gulf Coast every year for the 4th of July. But the real vacation for me for the past six years has been ReaperCon. Sometimes I paint. Sometimes I game. Sometimes I just sit and relax.

Bryan, so many folks tell you how much they appreciate what you Reaperpeeps do and how much fun they had. My way of saying thanks was, on my way out the door, to tell you 'bring it in here' and give you a big bear hug. The weekend was perfect as usual.

And I second the thought about my fellow Reapergoers. I left my digital camera and video camera and all my other stuff on the table to go home and walk my dogs at lunch and my bundle was never even moved over out of the way. I lost my metal trade slip twice. Once the girls made me a new one without a question and the second time I found it on the table, unmolested, right where I had left it, with over 200 oz. of credit.

Finally, and this might seem trivial, but more than once I sat down beside Matt or Ed or Dave at a table where they were having serious/semi-serious business discussions and they did not miss a beat or even look over to see who was horning in. To me, that is very unusual and very classy.

You guys deserve all the success you are having and more.

See you next April,

Warlord Dan