No Bones yet.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind waiting (I'm in the "one of nearly everything" crowd), but I'm mainly concerned about having my box o' Bones delivered when no one is home, and then it sitting out in the Florida sun. I may wind up with one big Bones mutant to dissect... ::o:

Hell, all I'm asking for is a KS update every once and a while to let us know where they're at in the shipping process.

I understand that, but what good does it really do if they tell us they are 50% done? If the first 50% is only single boxes of vampire, and from the sounds of it single vampires make up the vast majority of the orders, and the last 50% consists of huge orders it will take longer to ship the last 50% than the first 50% (note that these percentages are drawn out of thin air and have no basis in reality). Telling us where they are at in the shipping process could very well lead to unrealistic expectations on when any given person's reward is going to ship. Although a KS update would be nice, if they are in full shipping mode at this point that means someone stepping out of the lineup to prepare and post it and we lose their time from the shipping process.

Hell, all I'm asking for is a KS update every once and a while to let us know where they're at in the shipping process.

I understand that, but what good does it really do if they tell us they are 50% done? If the first 50% is only single boxes of vampire, and from the sounds of it single vampires make up the vast majority of the orders, and the last 50% consists of huge orders it will take longer to ship the last 50% than the first 50% (note that these percentages are drawn out of thin air and have no basis in reality). Telling us where they are at in the shipping process could very well lead to unrealistic expectations on when any given person's reward is going to ship. Although a KS update would be nice, if they are in full shipping mode at this point that means someone stepping out of the lineup to prepare and post it and we lose their time from the shipping process.

It doesn't actually go any good, but it would make us all feel a little more informed, vicariously part of the process, much like we were during the initial phase of the kickstarter when we were getting lots of updates. I'd be happy with something along the lines of "Shipping continues. Were waiting to hear back from Canada. At this point we've sent out shipments to all 50 states, and 20 different contries. More next week!"

I think the issue is that we're all really excited, and Reaper does such a good job, that the expetations are high. Are we the vocal minority? Yes. But we're vocal because we're such big fans. A once a week update would help keep that excitement up, and keep it fresh.

It would also help for those people who are going on vacation soon know if they need to set up an alternate delivery address so there isn't a box of stuff on their steps for 2 weeks.

It's just common courtesy to give an update.

Edited by BroadwayG

It doesn't actually go any good, but it would make us all feel a little more informed, vicariously part of the process, much like we were during the initial phase of the kickstarter when we were getting lots of updates. I'd be happy with something along the lines of "Shipping continues. Were waiting to hear back from Canada. At this point we've sent out shipments to all 50 states, and 20 different contries. More next week!"

I think the issue is that we're all really excited, and Reaper does such a good job, that the expetations are high. Are we the vocal minority? Yes. But we're vocal because we're such big fans. A once a week update would help keep that excitement up, and keep it fresh.

What good? It would show progress being made. The last official updating on shipping was over a month ago. It stated that shipping had started along with mentioning reapercon. Since then there have been no updates regarding shipping posted to the kickstarter page. Sure you can find a few things out if you go digging between the kickstarter comment, here, facebook, several other forums... Is it really too much to want to see official progress reports posted where they should be that aren't over a month apart? Before someone mentions the most recent update there keep in mind that the last update on the kickstarter page doesn't mention anything regarding the kickstarter at all. As I've said before, I don't mind the amount of time the shipping is taking, it's very realistic. The communication for this portion of the project however, in my opinion, has been sporatic, scattered, and intentionally obtuse, with reasons given for the obtuseness that quite frankly leave me shaking my head.

Y'know, all this talk of losing customers and not going fast enough got me thinking about my opinion on the situation. If they did it again, I'd buy more than this time...though most of my purchases in the short term will be painting supplies and carrying cases, as I'll soon have a mountain of plastic to go with my mountain of metal.

I'd say they're making the most of an overwhelming situation... keeping up with regular production flow on top of trying to get all those shipping containers out of their parking lot. They're juggling countless massive operations...the regular production, expanding the building, installing new hardware, hosting a convention, fulfillment on the 6th largest kickstarter of all time, the huge expansion of a product line...

...and through it all, my online order, placed in the closing hours of the con, was delayed all of 2 days.

One thing to note, though: With so few people on the floor...I think Bryan said the company's about 12 guys...I get the feeling every free pair of hands, even the Pughs, Kit, and Bryan, are out on the warehouse floor every time they have a spare minute. It's not like we're a low priority...I get the feeling they want their shop floor back so they can move around!...just that they're trying to juggle something like a million figures heaped on top of their normal workflow, from a company small enough that it doesn't exactly have a dozen under-worked guys just waiting to dive into it.

• Like 4

One thing to note, though: With so few people on the floor...I think Bryan said the company's about 12 guys...I get the feeling every free pair of hands, even the Pughs, Kit, and Bryan, are out on the warehouse floor every time they have a spare minute. It's not like we're a low priority...I get the feeling they want their shop floor back so they can move around!...just that they're trying to juggle something like a million figures heaped on top of their normal workflow, from a company small enough that it doesn't exactly have a dozen under-worked guys just waiting to dive into it.

I believe that the number is closer to 6,000,000 miniatures.

Dear mother of mercy. That makes it all the more impressive.

Something I thought of after posting is that I'm ok being patient for one reason. I didn't make a purchase. I loaned Reaper the money to expand their business, and am being repaid in miniatures. Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of miniatures. Normal business and smaller 'debts' come first, and I'm fine with that.

• Like 4

Would I like an update? It would be nice, kind of like having a sunny day is nice. If I do not get one I will not loose sleep over it. Will this make me wary about purchasing from Reaper again? Not so much. I am much more concerned about a company that does not ship/contact the customer for a single purchase. 14,000 plus purchases is a bit different. A post a month is more than sufficient. Especially when posting that we sent out 100 today and only have X amount to go, takes time away from them packing up the shipments.

Snitchy sends.

• Like 2

It's May now, and a week and a half past Reapercon. We really should have an update giving the overall number of orders shipped. That's the only way we'll have any idea what the progress is and whether Origins is going to interfere.

An update on how they are categorizing 'complexity' and where they are in shipping different types of orders would be nice as well.

I don't mind waiting (I'm in the "one of nearly everything" crowd), but I'm mainly concerned about having my box o' Bones delivered when no one is home, and then it sitting out in the Florida sun. I may wind up with one big Bones mutant to dissect... ::o:

Unless the weather in Florida regularly exceeds several hundred degrees, I think you're going to be okay. :poke:

It's May now, and a week and a half past Reapercon. We really should have an update giving the overall number of orders shipped. That's the only way we'll have any idea what the progress is and whether Origins is going to interfere.

An update on how they are categorizing 'complexity' and where they are in shipping different types of orders would be nice as well.

Origins is NOT going to interfere. Bryan has said that he's only going to go to Origins at all if the KS shipments are all completed by then.