No Bones yet.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From all the prior updates it sounded like they had no problems with stuff getting in on time to ship out. Bryan even said the only thing holding up fullfillment was reapercon. No mention of waiting on orders from china. they were so good with communication up to a week before reapercon, but since then it seems like they were misleading and maybe hoping things would work out. personally I wish they had said before or right after that they had nothing to ship because they were waiting on the boats. I have been really excited for the KS from the time I saw it till todays update. Now I am just irritated they didn't come out with all the info when they had nothing and knew they would be slower than anticipated. still excited to finally get my hands on the bones but I am irritated with Reaper.

Edited by daeler

TGWTF - Optimist - It still may be. If everything goes quite well, we're looking at a minimum of 6 weeks to ship everything out (1 week until it ships, 3 weeks to Reaper, 2 weeks to ship, and ~1 week to arrive at your door, assuming you're US) will put the customers through with by June 25th (arriving to you for July 2nd). More realistically, probably looking at a mid July wrap-up, with the absolute worst case scenario (ship doesn't load quite on time, cargo ship mistakes itself for a cruise liner, customs trollfaces the shipment for a month, it takes Reaper significantly longer to ship everything out than expected - all on this one shipment), things won't finish out until Late August/Early September. Of course, that's a worst-case scenario where everything just goes quite wrong with the last shipment.

Edited by MagiusDel
  • Like 1

I just don't understand. We are all waiting for stuff. I have had kickstarters that have revealed less and delivered much, much later that haven't received so many complaints. Even one of those containers arriving during or right after the con would have allowed Reaper to continue shipping orders, so I really don't have a problem with them remaining silent. Another big complaint is the estimated shipping date. I think Reaper was quite realistic with that date, if you look at what other gaming oriented kickstarters were hitting dollar wise at the time hitting that March date would have been a piece of cake if they hadn't blown the roof off the pledges. Kickstarter requires information to be entered, you have to make your best guess at that point and then you can't edit it! Even if for some reason things are completely delivered till September to your door that still only makes this six months late on the estimated delivery date. I would view that as just about incredible for a project of this size. Relic Knights has already pushed their date out till November, Sedition Wars hasn't begun to deliver their wave 2 stuff.

I see people glamouring for Reaper to make it up to them. Really? .36 cent miniatures isn't enough? $75 dragons for $10? What more could they really do? They didn't make any money on this Kickstarter they poured it right back into their business. They achieved their ultimate goal of being able to bring plastic production back to the US (not mold production mind you), I personally think making that goal makes any waiting we have to do now more than worth it. And just keep this in mind. If, when they do another kickstarter, those minis will be made right there onsite, no dealing with boats, no dealing with customs, just hot off the injection machine to you.

Seriously, do we not have any patience anymore? Yes, I concur, Reaper has made a few mistakes along the line on the communication front. Quite frankly seeing how they get jumped on for any off hand remark I'd be pretty careful about what I say too. In this last update they laid it on the line and are catching nothing but grief for it. Grief for things that are completely outside of their control.

I think we should cut them some slack, they have told us the scoop with the shipping from China. Now, we should just relax and we will get our stuff as quickly as Reaper can ship it out. I'm sure they want this to be over even more than we do.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 11

Seriously, do we not have any patience anymore? Yes, I concur, Reaper has made a few mistakes along the line on the communication front. Quite frankly seeing how they get jumped on for any off hand remark I'd be pretty careful about what I say too. In this last update they laid it on the line and are catching nothing but grief for it. Grief for things that are completely outside of their control.

I see this the exact opposite from you. People have been jumping on every little thing that gets said because reaper has been saying so little. I understand the delay. I'm ok with it. Not gleeful about it, but not all that upset either. However, this new update is about a month over due and feels like it had to be beaten out of them. In the past month anyone that's raised the question of delays in receiving from China has taken their fair beating as well. A page or two back I posted ReaperBrian's direct response to those questions. Stop speculating, we're not shipping those yet due to the size box they take.... Basically going out of his way to make it seem that this delay didn't and wouldn't exist. They weren't off hand remarks, he specifically said he came on the forum to deal with those "rumors".

Reaper did good with communication up until March. Since then they have been working very hard to make sure people have reasons to jump on every little thing they say.

I've got all the LTPKs and a bunch of metal in the hopper, and crazy amounts of paints.

But I have to say, I was sad when the update came out. I know Kickstarters have delays. I know transit from China is crazy. I understand Customs is unpredictable. But still, I hoped I would get my bones soon and when the update came out I was disappointed. I'm not mad at Reaper, I'm not calling this some conspiracy, but I am sad.

I'll live with it, since I'm still getting a great set when it finally arrives, but for the moment I'm stuck recalibrating my expectations and being sad it'll be longer. (And I'm a minis-for-the-year and haven't gotten anything in a while. Yes, Reaper is making everything good when they start shipping metal again, I have no doubt about that. But the primitive reward center of my brain is screaming "Where are my new shinys!")

FWIW, I'm probably already on stage 4 of grief and will be moving on shortly, but I'll wallow in this stage tonight.

FWIW - I sympathize for those agonizing about this, I did a little myself...GHAAAHHH!!!

But it doesn't change the fact we all got into one of the coolest Kickstarters if ever!! So we wait a month longer ... (A month GHAAAHHHHH!!!))

I would back another Reaper kickstarter if it popped tomorrow...so there!!

I'm going to go learn how to sew and sew myself a Gandalf plush doll to go to sleep with..and let my tears dry on his wee lil hat...

• Like 1

I see this the exact opposite from you. People have been jumping on every little thing that gets said because reaper has been saying so little. I understand the delay. I'm ok with it. Not gleeful about it, but not all that upset either. However, this new update is about a month over due and feels like it had to be beaten out of them. In the past month anyone that's raised the question of delays in receiving from China has taken their fair beating as well. A page or two back I posted ReaperBrian's direct response to those questions. Stop speculating, we're not shipping those yet due to the size box they take.... Basically going out of his way to make it seem that this delay didn't and wouldn't exist. They weren't off hand remarks, he specifically said he came on the forum to deal with those "rumors".

Reaper did good with communication up until March. Since then they have been working very hard to make sure people have reasons to jump on every little thing they say.

Like I said I agree that there were/are some communication issues. The box size issue does exist and it did, indeed, hold up shipping. We don't know what is in the warehouse right now and I certainly wouldn't expect Reaper to tell us that. And if the container had arrived when it was expected then they would have been able to do at least some shipping. People make mistakes, companies make mistakes, they have acknowledged it that should be enough. This kickstarter is still farther along than a lot of others and has said a whole heck of a lot more than some other companies. The logistical issues behind this are tremendous I will continue to feel that we should be cutting Reaper some slack, be satisfied that things are on track, with an approximate schedule and just let them get to it. I'll even offer to buy out your pledge (well not until June, I only get paid once a month).

TGWTF - Optimist - It still may be. If everything goes quite well, we're looking at a minimum of 6 weeks to ship everything out (1 week until it ships, 3 weeks to Reaper, 2 weeks to ship, and ~1 week to arrive at your door, assuming you're US) will put the customers through with by June 25th (arriving to you for July 2nd). More realistically, probably looking at a mid July wrap-up, with the absolute worst case scenario (ship doesn't load quite on time, cargo ship mistakes itself for a cruise liner, customs trollfaces the shipment for a month, it takes Reaper significantly longer to ship everything out than expected - all on this one shipment), things won't finish out until Late August/Early September. Of course, that's a worst-case scenario where everything just goes quite wrong with the last shipment.

I believe worst case is now more like December. Just sayin'

I believe worst case is now more like December. Just sayin'

Worst case scenario is Cthulhu awakens, rises from R'lyeh, and drives humanity insane before eating us all, but it's unlikely enough that it doesn't warrant mentioning. There's no indication that shipping will be delayed anywhere near that long. Where do you imagine the extra five months will come from? Bryan's estimating a mid-July endpoint. September is allowing two whole months of unforseen delays; I'll eat my hat if it's past that.

• Like 2