• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything with:

Kaladrax

Cthulu

Nethrymaul

Are going to be at the end of the line. At least that's the impression I've been getting.

My impression was that box size dictated the order, but those three are in boxes the same size as the Vampire box. So a significant delay, but not automatically the end of the line.

Look if y'all are really itching to paint figures I'll set my house up as a mini painting sweatshop and you are welcome to paint any number of the THOUSANDS -- yes that's an S on the end there -- of unpainted figures I have. Waiting for yet another drop in the bucket is really no thing for me.

• Like 9

I'm just glad that I've got stuff I'm painting for other people to keep me busy until my Vampire + Kaladrax + Nethyrmaul arrive! 60+ 40k Orks plus 2 vehicles should keep me busy until then.... Not to mention the Privateer Press minis for my own collection that are still sitting in a drawer waiting for paint so they can go on display with the other painted ones. Too bad I painted my KS Sophie UL two days after I got it LOL Man, I just realized with the fact I have two huge shelves of Privateer Press stuff, and two more of Dropzone Commander minis, I don't know if I'm going to have enough room to display the two dragons and all of the Vampire minis that I'm going to want to display!!! Looks like I'm going to have to buy another set of shelves!!

Well we are moving in June, and it looks like my bones will likely arrive just before I shut down the painting operation and transition to the new place (and the new state). I'm hoping that I can keep the painting up once I start my new job July 1st. Even if it's just for a sanity break. But I find I learn a lot more than I thought listening to lectures while painting. I think I will keep doing it until all of the recorded lectures I have either become too old or too redundant. :lol:

If listening to recorded lectures when painting helps, you can get plenty of pod casted lectures on all sorts of topics. Some unis even post them up free of change even for those who are not their students.

Look if y'all are really itching to paint figures I'll set my house up as a mini painting sweatshop and you are welcome to paint any number of the THOUSANDS -- yes that's an S on the end there -- of unpainted figures I have. Waiting for yet another drop in the bucket is really no thing for me.

Yeah, but . . . I want these figures. I got lots to do. Like Takhisimat. And I'm enjoying her again now. But still, in the back of my mind, I know that despite being the largest figure in my stash for now she's gonna be tiny compared to what's coming.

But I think I can keep it together a while longer.

psyberwolfe1, that sounds exactly like my situation. I would take volunteers for a mini painting sweatshop as well....

Can I get in on that too?

suppose that the "reasonable and expected" partly factors in an efficient layout of the packing space. My understanding is that given the size of the KS the reaper factory does not have enough space to store all the rewards, so some need to be stored outside the building, which likely complicates the process.

It is common in warehousing to have what the call "off site storage."

You set up a pick line with all your pickable SKUs and simply pull "off site stock" to that location when necessary.

Technically 'we' people that have shelves of shame should not complain and just get on with painting. :) While those that have no minis have usually ordered just a vampire, which they should have recieved by now.

That said I am hoping before July to be honest (shipping to the netherlands take a while).

Speaking of the netherlands. Our shipping provider here seems to be losing vampire boxes left and right. No this is just their basic service, nothing specific to Reaper. *sigh*