Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

the good, the bad and the ugly...

As some of you may know, I came to the con while my wife was laid up in the hospital (at her's and her sister's insistence), I found out tonight that the situation has become worse, and she didn't want to tell me over the phone (and ruin my brief respite) her cancer has migrated to her stomach, but we do not know the extent at this moment (And she wants her oncologist to give her a second opinion).

that is the bad and the ugly all rolled into one.

now for the good...Thank you Reaper for being such such kind and wonderful people that allowed me to have a few days of escapism from the cruel reality that was going on at the home front.

Thanks to all those who asked about Kim, it really warmed my heart to know that she was missed by more people than myself, and she wanted you all to know that she misses you as well.

I want to specifically thank to the girls at the metal trade table, I know I looked like an idiot for bringing 6lbs of metal to trade in with only about 2lbs of metal on my wishlist. but you tolerated me, and helped me find the pieces I needed and in the end I waled away with a balance of 0oz. I also want to thank the casters for casting all the bits that were asked for. I know its hard work and it is deeply appreciated.

I also want to thank ReaperWolf and players for the games I was able to participate in, his dynamic style of GMing makes it easy to enjoy the game you are playing in... and isnt that the point of playing a game?

Last but not least, thank you Bob and Derek for your outstanding classes, Ed for hooking me up with the guy who wrote the original RotD rules (if anything becomes of it is yet to be seen, but at least there will be closure)... as well as driving the shuttle, Anne for helping me with the info on the judging rules, Evilmonkey for the bolt-action game, Brian and Shannon...well... for being Brian and Shannon, and to the Judges that awarded me a bronze medal for my first ever contest entry.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you all again next year.

I don't know you, and I wasn't at the fest, but I very much wish you and your wife the best.

Seconded

Same here. I wish you and your family the best in this difficult time.

As some of you may know, I came to the con while my wife was laid up in the hospital (at her's and her sister's insistence), I found out tonight that the situation has become worse, and she didn't want to tell me over the phone (and ruin my brief respite) her cancer has migrated to her stomach, but we do not know the extent at this moment (And she wants her oncologist to give her a second opinion).

that is the bad and the ugly all rolled into one.

now for the good...Thank you Reaper for being such such kind and wonderful people that allowed me to have a few days of escapism from the cruel reality that was going on at the home front.

Thanks to all those who asked about Kim, it really warmed my heart to know that she was missed by more people than myself, and she wanted you all to know that she misses you as well.

I want to specifically thank to the girls at the metal trade table, I know I looked like an idiot for bringing 6lbs of metal to trade in with only about 2lbs of metal on my wishlist. but you tolerated me, and helped me find the pieces I needed and in the end I waled away with a balance of 0oz. I also want to thank the casters for casting all the bits that were asked for. I know its hard work and it is deeply appreciated.

I also want to thank ReaperWolf and players for the games I was able to participate in, his dynamic style of GMing makes it easy to enjoy the game you are playing in... and isnt that the point of playing a game?

Last but not least, thank you Bob and Derek for your outstanding classes, Ed for hooking me up with the guy who wrote the original RotD rules (if anything becomes of it is yet to be seen, but at least there will be closure)... as well as driving the shuttle, Anne for helping me with the info on the judging rules, Evilmonkey for the bolt-action game, Brian and Shannon...well... for being Brian and Shannon, and to the Judges that awarded me a bronze medal for my first ever contest entry.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you all again next year.

I don't know you, and I wasn't at the fest, but I very much wish you and your wife the best.

Seconded