Dibblers workbench.

I agree, the quality is pretty good. The hands may end up a bit playmo-ish, tho. I might need to cut of some thumbs and get the GS out... Also, the wooden shields of the orcs are awesome-sauce. Looks like he beat his head on a fence, figured it was a bad-butt fence, and decided to use it as a shield.

Cut out and cleaned a sprue of orcs and a horse today. I find it refreshing to do, sitting still, listening to a podcast I have heard before, chipping away at the resin. I might be weird. Or I might be new to these kinds of figures. Possibly the last.

Two quickshade goblins finished. Pics coming when time/energy, might have done another one or two before that! Painting goes so quickly without washing/drybrushing/layering/whatever-ing !!

Edited by Dibbler

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-9309-0-12898200-1371845214_thumb.jpg

Got my ebay'd mantic one player undead set. I really look forward to getting these minis set up and all! The skeletons look really great, I totally adore the little skeletal rat that came with them. Bad thing is that the set only has 6 sprues of 3 zombies each, but you can make them go a bit further with a "spine" piece and an extra base. Feels a bit cheap, but hey, this is nitpicky. Also got it at 15 pounds, about half price compared to the mantic store!

post-9309-0-62316400-1371845219_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-00583700-1371845217_thumb.jpg

Highlighted the archer. His moustache was a bit more prominent than I anticipated. The detail on his belt was sort of weak, I guess it would have been crisper on a reaper mini *reminding himself that he got 24 of these for 5 dollars*. Any opinions before the final basing on this one? :)

• Like 4

My GF is on vacation. She brought all the picturetaking-things with her. Cue less activity! Got a few bones goblins, ghosts, Garrick the torch bearer and most of a Flit finished. Some mantic ghouls finished, and a bunch of WG factory and mantic minis assembled, GS'ed and primed. Quickshade is growing on me. I feel that my technique is turning sloppy, base coat - maybe drybrush - QuickShade - maybe anti-shine. It just looks way too good for the effort involved! Thus I'm less likely to start layering :)

Why am I posting here? I just got Dibbler off Ebay! So you guys will be watching Dibbler paint Dibbler! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wargames-Terry-Pratchett-Miniatures-BNIB-Discworld-Dibbler-1-/310699150951?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=jsXoP0dRtIrR%252Fh4yeDUzAf0MQGA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 3

GF is home again, camera is back in my hands! :) Some pictures of some of last weeks work :

post-9309-0-26624500-1374952574.jpgpost-9309-0-87688400-1374952574.jpg

Thinking of entering the blue dragon and kobolds in the current painting contest, they should be done by the 5th :)

post-9309-0-40320000-1374952575_thumb.jpg

Finally painted up sir garrick of torch! The OSL is less shiny than the metal behind it... I guess thats sort of unavoidable without nmm?

post-9309-0-04570200-1374952576.jpgpost-9309-0-92150000-1374952579.jpgpost-9309-0-42174800-1374952580.jpg

I'm dividing my mantic undeads, and wargames factory orcs/men, into units of 6. The smalles unit to be group activated in SBH. So, I'm making them trays out of clay and plasticard, that fit in my shelf :)

post-9309-0-93088400-1374952580.jpgpost-9309-0-04113900-1374952584_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-97920700-1374952585.jpg

6 WF persians coming up. The idea is to paint them as band of human fighters, highwaymen like. The first two were dipped, I don't really like the brown shading on the green cloth, so I'll layer/dry brush the next 4 :)

post-9309-0-39107800-1374952572.jpg

Pink fluffy unicorn. Dancing on rainbow. This one is for my GF, but I may make 5 more as an elvish cavallery troop for SBH... :)

• Like 4

Great work! For the source lighting on the metallics, you could do either demi-metallics (have his armor a mix of your metallic silver and black paint, and then have the OSL reflection have more metallic paint as well as some yellow/orange, which would be shinier and have the right color) or you could even experiment with using a gold metallic paint as the reflection on the silver?

I've got one sprue of those Mantic zombies in the queue right now, to start as soon as I finish the ghouls. I love what you've done with yours! The pallid skin is great, and your poses have given me some ideas.

Great work! For the source lighting on the metallics, you could do either demi-metallics (have his armor a mix of your metallic silver and black paint, and then have the OSL reflection have more metallic paint as well as some yellow/orange, which would be shinier and have the right color) or you could even experiment with using a gold metallic paint as the reflection on the silver?

I gotta try this, thanks! ^_^ What about some non-gloss varnish on the mini, gloss varnish on the light?

I've got one sprue of those Mantic zombies in the queue right now, to start as soon as I finish the ghouls. I love what you've done with yours! The pallid skin is great, and your poses have given me some ideas.

Skin is GW Rakarth Flesh and quickshade. The zombies really, really wanted to lounge forward when assembled! Take care if you want minis that can stand beside other minis without problems! :)

Also, I mentioned that there seemed to be a bit few zombies in the battleset. I contacted mantic and they sent me a free sprue! ^_^

Yes. Hi.

I do not like you at this time. You have turned me no to WargamesFactory and their orcs (and skeletons). For that, I hate you because I have yet to start my Bones KS painting and here I am wanting more minis.

You ,sir, are a mean one!

::P:

Yes. Hi.

I do not like you at this time. You have turned me no to WargamesFactory and their orcs (and skeletons). For that, I hate you because I have yet to start my Bones KS painting and here I am wanting more minis.

You ,sir, are a mean one!

::P:

That situation is easily remedied by sending me your bones! Be sure to look at the individual sprues and bases section btw, the offers on the persians is pretty much awesomeness! :D

Also: MOAAAHAHAHA!

• Like 2

(finally) Finished my entry for the painting contest, team division. A blue dragon and his (blue) kobolds:

post-9309-0-77211400-1375715011_thumb.jpg
post-9309-0-36242900-1375715004_thumb.jpg
post-9309-0-89603300-1375715014_thumb.jpg
Opinions? :) I don't like how all the highlights turned out, but am glad I finished all of them :)

I'll post some more pics later, fninally some time off! :D
  • Like 9

I like the blue Kobolds.

If I didn't paint them already, I would start to paint them in the 5 colors of the chromatic dragons...

Thanks! ^_^ Get more packs of them! ;) What colors did yours get?

Considering their size those kobolds are impressively well done, also like the blue color.

Maybe I'll make a few different squads in different colors, painting up 24 of the buggers exactly the same would be no fun.

Wee! Thanks! ^_^ Breonne Blue basecoat, GW Druchi Violet shadows, Breonne Blue + Linen white in different ratios for highlights :)

Squads sounds like a good idea! Paint a bunch to serve a dragon when you paint one! Poor dragon needs minions! :D

I can imagine the assembly-line feel of the work:

1 Kobold done, 23 to go. 2 Kobolds done, 22 to go, 3 Kobolds done, 21 to go... 23 kobolds done, 1 to go xD

Edited by Dibbler

Update on my human highwaymen:

post-9309-0-81955000-1375779623_thumb.jpg

Soon done! Some highlighting/shading left on two minis, and I need to pingo-paint the rest of the bases and the tray :) I'll probably make one more tray of these guys, with bows and a leader or two. Ooh, what about a horn-blower? :D

• Like 2