Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

The Inn Of Crossed Lances (Work in progress)...

post-11942-0-41017200-1366662084_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-95207000-1366661925_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-18406800-1366661691_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-42412600-1366661523_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-04512400-1366661385_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-75470100-1366661243_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-21737200-1366661105_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-34738600-1366660934_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48755500-1366660592_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-87973900-1366660465_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-59644400-1366660302_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-56991000-1366660066_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-58312700-1366659870_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-26395700-1366659749_thumb.jpg

This is a major (works in progress) item...it will be a (24" x 24") detailed interior view of the (Inn Of Crossed Lances) in (25-28mm)...At the pace I am working on this project, it will be another (9 to 12 months) before it is completed. Featured are the following:

1. FRONT DESK AREA with mail boxes & burning incense...(3 photos)

2. ARMOR, POTIONS, NOTIONS & ADVENTURE GEAR SHOP...(3 photos)

3. SCRIBE SHOP & LIBRARY (1 PHOTO)...in the works currently

4. HALLWAY PAINTING (1 PHOTO)

5. SMALL STORAGE ROOM (2 PHOTOS)

6. BLACKSMITH & CARPENTER SHOP (4 PHOTOS)

Yet to go will be the following areas:

A. SMALL STABLE (for 3 horses)......only an idea at this time...could be changed!

B. LONG WOODEN BAR

C. TAVERN MAIN ROOM (with tables & benches)

D. HOT TUB ROOM......only an idea at this time...could be changed!

E. SMALL BEDROOM W/SLEEPING SERVANT GIRL......only an idea at this time...could be changed!

I hope that you fellow (RPG) game players like what I am building and would love to hear from you for other suggestions of possible areas that would be fun to include in this piece.

• Like 8

WHAT!? Coal, sawdust, beams with worn edges, BARRELS WITH DUST ON THE LIDS, shelves and shelves of tiny bottles.

You are a MADMAN, and this is AMAZING.

Edit: Smoke-blackened boards behind the stoves!!

Edited by Baugi
  • Like 1

WHAT!? Coal, sawdust, beams with worn edges, BARRELS WITH DUST ON THE LIDS, shelves and shelves of tiny bottles.

You are a MADMAN, and this is AMAZING.

Edit: Smoke-blackened boards behind the stoves!!

Thanks for your comments and your notice of subtle details...it pleases me when others see and appreciate my work efforts!

• Like 2

Wow! This is an Ambitious project with a capital A! I don't think I've ever seen anyone tackle something like this from scratch.

I'd love to see a photo with all the pieces joined together.

• Like 1

I wish to thank (Baugi, Captenglish, Dwarvenranger, Last Knight, Darsc Zacal) for your comments on this project. It is the first time I am hearing from a few of you and I appreciate your taking the time to enter your comments. I am starting to feel a little like one of the " group " and not like a " newbie outsider ". But I received no suggestions of possible other areas that would be fun to do and would fit into the overall scope of this project.

• Like 2

I truly like the look of this. Its very detailed and looks wonderful. I honestly cannot think of much you could add on. Though the stable and hot tub sound interesting. I don't know if this is simply a diorama or if you plan to use it in a game.

If its for a game I would see if you can make the stables hold 4 critters. You never know what those druids or rangers will bring to the inn. They seem to think that tiger or wolf should be in the tavern scaring the patrons away...

I seriously can think of very little to add that would appeal to a group that you have not already thought of

• Like 1

This is some seriously awesome work. I am continually boggled by both the dedication and the skill you put into these projects.

Thank you for your comments (Flamehawke & JackMann). Once the piece is done...it will be the center game play piece on the (RPG) home play table. The idea of having a (4) space stable sounds (A'OK) except for the fact that my shire already has (Silas Livery)...so all I wanted was a small attached stable to house (2 or 3 horses at most).

• Like 1

I think it's hard for us to come up with suggestions as it depends how you plan using it.

If its a base of operations for the players adventurers, then you'd need one room for each customized with their belongings gained from past adventurers, and a loft above the stables or other appropriate space for their hirelings and henchmen to bed down. Perhaps a wine cellar with hidden room for their more valuable items. Otherwise I believe you have most of the mundane rooms covered.

If you want this building to be the center of an adventure, or adventures, then you're going to need a larger building with many rooms for the party to investigate and large common rooms for the inevitable room clearing bar fights.

You might want to expand on the cellar areas as well. Perhaps lull the party into thinking they've seen all there is to see of the Inn for a few play sessions, and then have them "accidentally" stumble upon a much larger previously unknown area. Perhaps the Inn was built upon the ruins of something much sinister...

• Like 3

I think it's hard for us to come up with suggestions as it depends how you plan using it.

If its a base of operations for the players adventurers, then you'd need one room for each customized with their belongings gained from past adventurers, and a loft above the stables or other appropriate space for their hirelings and henchmen to bed down. Perhaps a wine cellar with hidden room for their more valuable items. Otherwise I believe you have most of the mundane rooms covered.

If you want this building to be the center of an adventure, or adventures, then you're going to need a larger building with many rooms for the party to investigate and large common rooms for the inevitable room clearing bar fights.

You might want to expand on the cellar areas as well. Perhaps lull the party into thinking they've seen all there is to see of the Inn for a few play sessions, and then have them "accidentally" stumble upon a much larger previously unknown area. Perhaps the Inn was built upon the ruins of something much sinister...

As I stated prior; it will be the center piece in the (RPG) home tabletop play...but didn't forget that the rest of the shire pieces will also be on the board...so I don't want this to be a giant piece...as stated in the area of (24" x 24")...we will still use the (cottage flat map board for play). I do very much like your idea/suggestion of another store room/wine cellar combination.

• Like 1