Hello Gamers!

I took all of the wonderful advice I received from you guys & gals from my previous post and tried to implement it into this Dwarven fighter. Please let me know what you think and how I can improve on my next mini. Thanks ahead of time.

Take care.

post-12005-0-81547100-1366686060_thumb.jpg

post-12005-0-11722200-1366686072_thumb.jpg

post-12005-0-22154600-1366686081_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice. I would consider one more shade up on the hair a possibility, but beyond that I have not the skill to offer advice that would be any use

You're doing fine.

Don't be afraid to go even deeper in the crevices and higher still on the wee little tops where the light would hit it.

Great job, keep it up.

Another thing to consider trying is maybe throwing in a second color. The greys and browns don't really count, but since you've got so much red there, an excuse to put in a little green, maybe on the trim of his boots or gloves, or on his belt, would make both colors really stand out.

I second what Chip said. Don't be afraid to take the shadows down another notch, and bring the highlights up as well. You're well ahead of me on your red hair. Overall very nice, keep at it.

Google red hair, you'll get a lot of pictures of women but that's fine because you want to look at long hair anyway. Look at where the highlights are the and use that when taking your highlights up brighter.

Do the same with long beards and notice the colours that turn up in them, few beards have a uniform colour so when painting them getting browns into the shadows and highlights will create a better look usually, even if the main colour remains red. Note also that beards reflect light differently to the hair on the top of your head.

Otherwise what the others said about highlights and shadows.

I have red hair so I can tell you that you want to make the base of it a brown, like a leather colour, then highlight up to a redder colour, like the one you have. It's not easy :wacko: On some mini's I've just plain given up, but so worth it when you get it right.

Also remember the finnicky nature of red paint. It doesn't "cover" well. It's transparent in a way. Also, you can't add white to it to brighten it (you'll make pink everytime). Depending on your color composition, you might be able to add orange to it or a little yellow. Much like blending blues, sometimes it's better to start with your highest and paint down with reds.

With that said, you may need to highlight an area first with white, let dry, then go back over with the red shade you want to apply.

Thanks to Anne for teaching me this when I was so frustrated with reds I was ready to remove them from my paint set.