ReaperCon 2013 Auction Video aka Heisler Rocks the House

I made this video mainly for the folks who were unable to attend this year. I'm not the greatest videographer in the world, so please excuse my spotty camera work. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Wowahboy
  • Like 2
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first ReaperCon and I had no idea what to expect, but the results seemed *strange* -- even to a noob. Items I anticipated would go into the thousands went for less than a Vampire box (~600rb). The "design your own mini" only went for 900rb, and the Martin Jones painted Kaldrax dragon was a shocker @ 500rb. The person who picked that up had to be smiling from ear to ear!

Typically painted miniatures have never done well in the auction. This year there really weren't "thousands" to spend so I feel that, for the most part, things were about right. At 900 the DYOM was still the third highest item in the auction and the highest was only 1100.

Great video and I have seen some really bad auctioneering in my life- and that doesn't even enter onto the "suck-list". You did a great job! It's not easy.

My only other comment is about ReaperBryan- is that his official Reaper uniform or do we all need to chip in and get him a new shirt? I swear that every picture/video I see him in he's wearing that shirt- or one that looks just like it. Either way, it's a great shirt.... Other than it's somewhat red... and you know what happens to people in red shirts. So that concerns me...... ::D:

• Like 1

That's just a Reaper Bowling shirt that he wears over his regular shirt for the convention or when he is on the road at other conventions. I have one just like it for Crocodile Games.

On the auctioneering front its mostly that I don't like the sound of my own voice. It doesn't sound the same as the way I hear it. I have been doing game and art auctions for 30 years now. Although far from being a professional I know I'm one of the better game auctioneers out there.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 2

There's a Reaper bowling team??

I'm going with "it's his uniform" because he's in it in most of the videos/pictures I've seen of him. It's how I know it's him. I can't pick out anyone else in pictures.

I go to a lot of auctions and have hosted many myself. I think Heisler did a fantastic job in keeping our attention, making it fun and moving things along when needed.

It was a strange auction though. There just wasn't the Reaper bucks out there for dramatic bidding wars like most years. I still feel horrible that Martin's painted Kally went so low. Not only was it painted well, it also isn't available yet! However, individuals just didn't have the money and a single, painted figure isn't something people pool their cash for (my reference is the Lord of the Rings episode of Big Bang Theory where the guys tried to share a ring).