Sign in to follow this  
Fromper

More stupid newbie questions! Paint remover?

Walmart definitely keeps it over by their hardware section still. I bought a gallon of it from there just this weekend.

And, speaking of Simple Green again, when you guys buy the gallon of concentrate do you dilute it for cleaning minis or just use it straight? I'm trying to strip a mini right now and I've got it sitting in some that I diluted to an eyeballed 5:1 water:SG ratio. The mini is metal, and going to sit in there for at least 2 days before I get the chance to mess with him again, but I wanted to see if diluted mixes work or not.

Use it straight. And it can be used for multiple cleanings. I find a mason jar works great for leaving a good 6-12 human sized figures in for a prolonged soak. Just fish out the minis and reuse until the Simple Green. And I've forgotten minis and left them in there for almost 3 weeks with no ill effects.

Yea, I'm using the smaller pint size mason jar for mine. It's a lot easier to store than a full quart jar full of the stuff, and I don't think I'll need to ever drop more than a handful of minis in at once. I did dilute it, but it worked just fine still. Most of the paint came off in tiny little flecks as I fished it back out of the jar. The rest came off easily with a toothbrush and water.