redambrosia

Bear Chariot of awesome

Looking at random stuff on Ironwind metals and I found this: http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=7937

It's awesome, it's got bears, it's a chariot, it has bears!

I know that IronWind has a lot of the older scuplts from companies which don't exist anymore, does this awesome set fall into that catagory? I'm curious about who sculpted it primarily, and to a lesser degree, who initially produced it.

This one is definately going on my "must have list". ::):

• Like 1

I ... I see some of my long gone childhood minis there. (Tears up.)

• Like 1

My brother's slowly putting together a dwarven bear-cavalry army, I'm bookmarking this guy for eventual inclusion. He may not be a dwarf, but a)old Ral Partha's should put him in the right height for one, and b)I'm sure he can be easily modded...

• Like 4

I have this one all painted up nice and purty...

Pics, please. Also, can you include Sir Garrick Forscale or something similar so we can see how they compared to modern Reaper minis?

Looking at random stuff on Ironwind metals and I found this: http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=7937

It's awesome, it's got bears, it's a chariot, it has bears!

I know that IronWind has a lot of the older scuplts from companies which don't exist anymore, does this awesome set fall into that catagory? I'm curious about who sculpted it primarily, and to a lesser degree, who initially produced it.

This one is definately going on my "must have list". ::):

Love the idea. Is it 25mm or close? It's likely based on this classic Frazetta http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/05/frank-frazetta

I have many pics of this mini I just took and it wont let me post pics

General fantasy, unlike WIP and Show Off, needs images hosted by another server. Try uploading to a free hosting site like photobucket or flickr.
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sharkbelly
      Here is the last model in the force to be painted before break starts: the boar chariot. I believe I will make my deadline!

• By Sharkbelly
      I had a bunch of new figures arrive the other day. I am trying to decide which set to paint up first. Any thoughts?
      Here are the new fishmen, a mind flayer, and an evil cleric of the sea:

I'd like to paint up this guy to be a green and/or bronze dragon:

A storm and a cloud giant:

Two more dancing girls:

A marid and a hippocampus chariot:

So, which one first?
    • By Sharky
      So. I've had this thing since the mid-80s, and was always afraid (tee-hee) to do anything with it.

However, with time (and inspired by Buglips' work on Ral, Lord of Balrogs), I have decided to ignore that fact that I have school and clinicals and take a swing at this silly thing.

Silly, says I?

Just look at it! It's a chariot made from a Balrog, pulled by two other Balrogs ("Yo, dawg, I hear you like Balrogs...") and a teeeny little guy perched on the back, desperately trying to pretend like he belongs there. God, I just LOVE this thing!

Today, I cleaned off the parts and took inventory.

Yep, all there. The metal looks like it's going bad, but it's really quite sound. I can already see a few items that I'm going to have to do extra before I get paint on this thing. First off, the Black Prince is supposed to be holding one of those heads, but said heads are kind of out of scale to him, and look really bad when he has one. I'm not sure what else to give him yet - maybe a shield. Second; the Balrog's wings fit OK, but will need some greenstuff work. Last of all, the chariot Balrog tends to drag his chin on the ground if I put the model together as is. I'll just run a small pin from his chin to the ground for better support, which will take his weight off of that cute little front wheel (hey, Black Prince, you get that off a shopping cart?).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little filing, pinning and gluing later - 

Oops, missed some mold lines. Eh, I'll get them later.  Only the high-five Balrog is glued to the base at this point, as he won't stand on his own.

I'm not too sure how regular I'll be with this WIP - this semester is absolutely brutal with added clinicals, so I may not be done for a looong time. Painting is a nice diversion and stress relief when I can do it, though. We'll see!

Just for fun, here are a couple photos of the insert that came with the model. Get your Polly-S paints ready! (I still have a bunch ;)  ) 

Spoilered to reduce some of the hugeness.

• By ATOM
      Hi Folks, my Orc Heavy Chariot Kickstarter went live today. It includes 3 crew members and is drawn by two Giant Wolves. There are two additional
      extra's available too. The Kickstarter Link is at the bottom of this posting. Thanks for the interest. ;) Andy T.

Orc Heavy Chariot Crew.

Wingnut' Orc Champion

Giant Wolves based on an original casting by myself.

Front of Chariot

Mushrooms, toadstools and fungi set (add on)

Chariot Crew

Snots (Micro Goblins) Add on.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1126541327/orc-heavy-war-chariot
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I finally finished my mini diorama featuring a classic Goblin Chieftain's Chariot (FTG13) citadel miniature from "the olden days".

I had a lot of fun painting & creating this & I learned some new things along the way. If you would like to see how it was created, the WIP can be found here.

Thanks for looking, comments & critiques are always welcome!

• Who's Online   53 Members, 4 Anonymous, 243 Guests (See full list)