Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

RPG...Assorted game play miniature pieces...

post-11942-0-65619800-1366917691_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-27307000-1366917506_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-23831500-1366917341_thumb.jpg

This is an assortment of (RPG) game play pieces for the tabletop adventure games. Again, all quickly painted for game usage. Featured are:

1. Rock pile with giant brass bell

2. Stone goddess statue with druid circle

3. Rock pile with ruined statue pieces

4. Stone statues (can be stone guardians that can become animated) or (stone figures that represent adventure group persona who have been turned to stone)

5. Standard rat pack (3 large & 2 giant)...common to all caves, caverns, cellars, dungeons, catacombs, haunted areas and even dense woods & forests

• Like 6

I like the stone statues!

That gives me a great idea to terrorize my players - they've been attacked by animated statues in 3 different dungeons now and they're growing paranoid. Filling the table with statue minis that are just normal statues will give me great glee as a GM. Unpainted Bones should work nicely for this purpose.

• Like 2

I like the stone statues!

That gives me a great idea to terrorize my players - they've been attacked by animated statues in 3 different dungeons now and they're growing paranoid. Filling the table with statue minis that are just normal statues will give me great glee as a GM. Unpainted Bones should work nicely for this purpose.

Excellent ploy...I have used the same tactic except in reverse...I tried to lull the adventurers into "no problems" more statues...and the 5th or 6th time; the statues were animated guardians that really beat the group up!

• Like 1

These are great. I love that you do little bases for loot and rubble and objects. What is your basing technique? I can see you use some sort of green grass or moss flock, but most of your minis are also on raised ground. could you guide us through your basing process?

• Like 1

Very nice work on the statues. I like 'em! ::):

At some point I'll have to go through my mini piles and look for something suitable myself.

• Like 1

Hi Baugi. Thanks for your nice comments. My basing process is very simple and not really a technique...It is as follows;

1. I select all the components that I want on the piece (bell, cut up statue parts, etc.)...I use a standard (square monster base or cut a custom round base out of hard plastic sheet).

2. If I want slightly raised ground...I use ceiling tile and form it to what I want...glue it to the hard base (I use only)...super thin insta-cure cyanoacrylate liquid glue for everything.

3. I place my larger rocks (my plaster cast/broken into small pieces) as I desire...then crush up some plaster chunks to form smaller rock chips & rock powder...I pour/spoon this on the larger rocks that are set in place...the small chips & powder find their natural way into the open crevices.

4. I then pour/spoon a mixture of real desert dirt/sifted desert stones/and my ground cover foliage mix into the crevice areas...and glue it with my (hot stuff # 2 above).

5. After about a minute,,,I brush off all excess everything that I did not glue down...blow the piece clean with a can of dust off...and I am ready to add the surrounding ground cover, which I again spoon on and contour to the way I want it to look with a fine brush and I apply my (hot stuff) to the base...let it stand for a minute...brush/blow it clean...please be warned that using this (hot stuff) on any kind of commercial store bought hobby foliage causes a chemical reaction that forms a vapor that is very much like highly concentrated (tear gas)...it will mess your eyes and nose up something bad...be sure you have great ventilation when doing this process!

6. I am now ready to place any flowers, bushes, weeds, etc. as and were I want them...drill the holes...glue them in...spray my piece with a dull cote sealer...THE PIECE IS DONE!

• Like 2

What sort of foliage product do you use?

Hi Baugi. I mix my own...I use (3) shades of Woodland turf...2 shades of (Kurbi) railroad grass...real desert dirt (finely sifted)...real desert tiny rocks (finely sifted)...4 varied dry spices (mixed & ground) up to an even texture...all this is put together into a large glass jar and mixed/shaken well...the end results are placed into my plastic working tub (4"x4"x2")...and I spoon out my turf & foliage as I need on a given piece.

• Like 1