Sign in to follow this  
Talae

WISH I WAS HERE by Zach Braff

I'm personally against giving established stars money for this. Zach Braff is plenty successful, why does he need money from us?

I'm personally against giving established stars money for this. Zach Braff is plenty successful, why does he need money from us?

Yet, you funded Bones. An expansion by a successful company that should already have had the capital to expand their own business, or even just get a good rate on a bank loan. A bank loan smaller companies cannot get. The same smaller companies that some people here on these boards have stated they will NEVER back now that the Bones Kickstarter has destroyed all other Kickstarters for them.

I won't use the "H" word. But it's in there.

Zach is at least an independent filmmaker, and not the first successful one to go on Kickstarter to get an independent film financed. He is totally correct in that, this way he can get the film made without studio interference, which he definitely would have if he went to them to do this. One does not make movies with one's own money unless one is George Lucas. That is just a given in Hollywood. In my opinion, what Zach is doing is exactly what Kickstarter was meant-for.

Bones? Not so much.

Before judging it I'd much recommend watching the 4 min video, ya?

I think it's neat.