ReaperWolf gives props...

ReaperWolf

• Reaper User

Ok, it's been a few days since ReaperCon 2013 wrapped up, plenty of time for me to return safely home to Sunnyvale California.

Hope all of my players made got home without incident. Naturally I extend this to those who opted not to play in my games, you know who you are. ;)

Anywho where to begin?

First up thanks to Ed, Dave, and the other big-wig at Reaper. Without your generous patronage we wouldn't have such an outstanding con to attend. I've attended a lot of cons over the years and ReaperCon is by far the friendliest I've had the honor and pleasure to attend, bar none. So long as you have ReaperCon you'll have me standing behind the GM screen.

Big thanks go out to Ron and Adrienne as well as the multitudes of others who plotted, planned, and scurried about madly pulling the shindig together. You have mad organizational skills and in the midst of the perfect storm it all came together magnificently.

Humungous thanks goes out to Martin who magically pulled together and painted all the player character models. Because of you my table had focus and interest and the players really enjoyed pushing around the pewter you so deftly gave color and purpose. :)

Most of all I'm sincerely grateful to my players. Every table I ran was full. You showed up ready to play every time and you rolled with the punches. I asked a lot of you and each of you rose to the challenge. You were adaptable, energetic, and fun. You guys inspire me to tell even greater stories and you are welcome at my table anytime. GMs live for groups like you, and for that I'm honored and priviledged to have stood behind the GMs screen. Take a bow, you guys kicked booty.

For those late to the game, the players were asked to take on the roles of faction members. No simple task considering the factions. Only one faction was good guys- The League, that left two very dark gray- Stitchmen and Fagin's Brood and an evil one the Carnies. Dark and terrible things were perpetrated by the gray and evil factions. Seriously disturbing stuff I as the GM was a little worried about. In fact this year when I was approached by a young girl who played alongside her dad in my events last year, I had no choice but to tell her that only one faction event was open to her owing to the subject matter. Yeah, it was that dark. She was a good sport but I wan't comfortable with bursting her innocence bubble. Anywho, all manner of dastardly deeds were perpetrated as the factions struck out against one another. This year instead of a rigid A + B + C scenario I constructed 20 snippets or vignettes which we strung together like cars on a train. The players were asked to provide elements they'd like to have in the scenario then we improved how/why and where they were involved. Because of the amazing versatility of the players it worked like a charm and we had a grand ol' time especially when several of the players ghoulisly indulged their creativity when playing the Carnies and Stitchmen. At several points Dave and Ed were giving tours which included a brief stopover at my table, the visitors were treated to some truly terrible stories which I'm sure they won't soon forget. Onlookers from the nearby Pathfinder tables kept casting glances and listening in our adventures and several times they smiled uncertainly as they overheard one of my players cackling maniacally or gruesomely describing something his character was doing. Great fun.

Of the four factions, I can't say which won the scintilla vitae. Were I to hazard a guess I'd say the Stitchmen prevailed based upon sheer ruthlessness and how the players inpsired the dark and terrible side of my imagination.

That's the long and the short of it. Thanks once again to Reaper for organizing and hosting such an amazing experience. I'm very proud to be an orbiting member of the Reaper family, and so long as they'll have me they'll have my axe.

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 4

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those games were one of the things I enjoyed most about ReaperCon. Nurse Trish will never be forgotten. She was such an amusing character, especially the way she was portrayed by one of the players. Great fun. Good memories and stories. I want to thank Reaper and everyone who helped make my first ReaperCon such an amazing experience.

Hope all of my players made got home without incident. Naturally I extend this to those who opted not to play in my games, you know who you are. ;)

>>ReaperWolf

Hmmmm.... whoever does he mean? Surely, it couldn't be one player so engrossed in Pathfinder Society that he never gets to see any other part of ReaperCon. Nah... surely, he doesn't!

Lue.

I didn't get to play as many games as I would have liked, due to my focus on painting. The games I did run were a blast. Thanks, as always, for lending us your imagination and skills as a bard to string together a great time.

Much thanks to ReaperWolf for running those wonderful events. Hands down one of the best GM's I have had the pleasure of playing with.

There's rollplaying and then there is ROLEplaying and Reaperwolf brought the latter in such abundance that average to mediocre roleplayers such as myself couldn't help but to elevate our game in his opulent presence. For average roleplayers like myself who are looking to rise out of the muck and dung that is rollplaying his games were as much a tutorial on how to roleplay as they were events to be played.

Joe

You are one hell of GM! Love how you were able to work the games on the fly with the player's input. I just wish I was more interactive when I role-play (naturally shy). You gave off a great rp vibe.

Glad to have joined in at least 2 of your games this year.