misterc

DeadZone

Oh my, those Orks. It looks like they tried to mash the brutal look of the modern 40K orks with the goofy whimsy of the 2nd edition 40K orks. You know, I had a thought... what if Mantic are phoning it in with the Marauders because they know there's already a market for them in the 40K crowd? Because I seriously can't believe that's the best they can do.

Given how average they are, I'll be happy if I can just pledge for Recon level. The Rebs are nice, but not enough for me to kick in another $50.

I'm rather disappointed in the Orks too as the sets I wanted were Marauders and Rebels.

Yuuuup. I'm going to stand fast at my Strike Team pledge... for now. I had considered just pledging to get the Rebs/Enforcers, but that is $75 right there. Then I wanted one of the mats, but that's $20 more. Then the scenery, for which I have plans, would be another $50. So that's a strike team pledge right there, but minus the other 2 starters. At least the Plague have that SWEET Gen 1 big boy. And the Marauders have the goblin snipers.

However, I'm slowing talking myself out of pledging for minis at all and just getting a scenery with accessories pledge.

I'm still in for $150 as I want the play mat and the scenery (I'm in for some extra scenery as well) so basically I'm getting the two extra starters for only like $5 as everything I wanted in addition to the $100 level would add up to $145 (assuming you can swap starters in the lower level as I do still want the rebels).

Edited by MonkeySloth

i pledged 150.00. i chose recon atm. i want the enforcers. so i have an extra 50 to play around with

Eh, screw it. I tried to keep my head in the game, but after seeing the marauders (and since I already don't particularly like the vast majority of the enforcers and plague), I'm out. Just not my cup of tea, methinks. Enjoy the ride, guys! I'm sure it'll go through the roof at the end ::D:

Whoops, I should have said, I'm out of Strike Team. I'm just gonna go Scout with some extras because Rebs are really all I truly want :lol:

Whoops, I should have said, I'm out of Strike Team. I'm just gonna go Scout with some extras because Rebs are really all I truly want :lol:

I was just about to ask why you weren't doing just that.

To be honest, I might do that myself in order to get more of the scifi dressing, but I'll wait for a while to see where things go.

I'm not sure how these scenery tiles of Mantics will work out either. Seems an awful lot wil be need to do anything interesting. I'm thinking the fishing village from the East Asian village KS would be quite usable with Deadzone, and other games too.

I dunno. I'm really up in the air about the whole thing. Except for the rebels and and the scifi dressing. Whatever I end up doing I'll be getting those.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. The more i look at the scenery tiles, the less I care for them. In order to get anything other than the 1-2 buildings and the half-walls, you have to pay extra anyway. The mat is neat, but I'm not really concerned about having that particular mat.

The set dressing stuff is really lovely, so I'm very much getting at the minimum that medi-centre because it's just gorgeous.

Part of this is me going over my currently backed projects and realizing I have about $800 up in the air on KS (Teramyyd, Deadzone, Robotech, Tablescapes, Itar, EPIC DEATH, Unique Dice Towers, and others) and I'm trying to sheer down the numbers to stuff I only really want before it's too late. :lol:

Edited by recruittons
  • Like 1

I'd save $42 if I drop to Rebels+ Buildings and Scenery as I'd also want the Exclusive figure (sucker for those). Only $22 if I got the play mat. Problem is I do want the buildings and they're priced quite comparatively with laser cut stuff if not a tad cheaper ($25 a building) so going this route just deprives me of less stuff to use a generics in my RPG games.

Some people are already calling for resculpts for the Orcs too, so we'll see if Manic listens. The positive side is a few posters have said Manic have replied to them about the sculpt quality and that there will be more "info soon" as it looks like they got quite a few PMs and complains on their forums.

Edited by MonkeySloth

I doubt Mantic would be able to completely resculpt the orks because they likely wouldn't be ready that long before the end of the kickstarter and it's a lot of work for whomever decides to do it. Having said that, I don't actually mind the faces, just the generic "Raaaaaaaargh! I shoot everything with two guns! Implausibly held! And Large!" That pose was ok years ago, but now we've seen what Mantic are capable of, I was hoping more for 'peering round a corner, knife held backwards ready to strike' than 'we're commandos so lets make everyone aware of our presence by making AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE!!!!' Not fully sure if that makes sense but nm.

A new mercenary is coming and then, could it be? New Factions? Just maybe!

So, maybe Strike Team pledgers will get the option to trade the orks for something else.