Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Watchwall Graveyard (RPG terrain)...WIP for game play

post-11942-0-56415100-1366996375_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-34873200-1366996132_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-15703300-1366995834_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-35639100-1366995610_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-83829200-1366995426_thumb.jpg

This is a graveyard piece that is currently in the works for my tabletop adventure games. It is the graveyard at (Watchwall...see adventure map for location). This piece is (16"x14") with a ceiling tile base...I have given (4) views + a view of the vampire crypt with the vampire hunters (just to show size). The piece is about half done...I still have to add the weeds, ferns, ivy & vines, dead trees & dead ground cover and the varied overgrowth on the wall sections & columns...as well as the varied washes on the ancient walls...BUT THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS HALFWAY DONE.

The (2) square dirt sections will have skeleton bones & skulls showing as they are coming to life.

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 1

That looks pretty incredible already. Are they all individual pieces, or is it all togther? Who makes it?

• Like 1

That looks pretty incredible already. Are they all individual pieces, or is it all togther? Who makes it?

The piece is an assortment of varied sources. The wall sections are old (Heartbreaker)...the (2) crypts are solid white hard plastic casts (I do not know the company; might be Armorcast???)...the columns are wedding cake decorations...the grave stones are my own plaster casts with metal shields on each...the gravestone tops are my own cuttings & designs out of copper sheet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Talae
      I picked up an airbrush kit on sale back in November. It came with two brushes, a compressor, and some other stuff.

Here is a picture:

The brush that I have been using mostly so far is the Badger Patriot 105. I say mostly because I have sprayed paint through it more than once, lol. I started with the bottom fed one (the 350) for one sitting of like 30 minutes, then tried another sitting with the 105 for like 30 minutes.

I have since used the 105 for something like three sittings of 30-60 minutes. My total airbrush experience is something like 2.5 hours plus another 1.5 hours of cleaning and practice assembly.

I have primarily just tried primers. The latest attempt has been applying Vallejo Surface Primer (black) to some of the graveyard set, namely the crypt and the fencing.

Here are those results (minus a rogue golem arm that missed being airbrushed until I cleaned up and was later brushed with the same color in order to prevent having to clean the airbrush for one piece):

I am thinking that I might try and use my Dwarven Forge paints to make this match the Dungeon terrain I have, but am not sure yet...and if I do go that route, would it be better to go with my typical dry rush route or should I be trying to apply colors on top of this with the airbrush? Or is there a different approach that I should be taking?
    • By Skrill
      Hi all,
      Here is my take on the Graveyard Golem that came with the Crypt expansion in Bones 3.

I tried to give its eyes an eerie glow to show what evil animates it and it also matches the glow in painted on the runes inside the crypt. (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77887-crypt-graveyard-expansion/)

• By magtagj
      Finally starting to make headway on KS3! Having kids, mirite?

• By Pochi
      I finished the Obsidian Crypt from the Bones 3 kickstarter. I looked at lots of photos of old mausoleums for inspiration. Now, I just need to finish the fence and all of the main cemetery parts will be finished. Then just ghouls, golems, worms, etc to do to complete the entire expansion.

I had fun flocking the crypt. I resembled Oscar the Grouch by the time I was finished!

I put a couple flickering LED candles inside the crypt to emulate torchlight/candlelight and thought it turned out pretty cool!

• By Glitterwolf
      I created a little Graveyard.
      The Crypt and the Raven are resin models from Minimonsters, the Skeleton rising from the grave is 02043 from Reaper.
      The Tombstones and Fence are from the Reaper Bones III Graveyard Set.
      The pathway was made with Milliput and I used the Greenstuffworld Cobblestone Rollerpin on it.

Enjoy!
      Likes, comments and job offerings to lead Undead Hordes welcome!

WIP Here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)