Paint Area - Adventures in Organizing

I love having the computer right there at my painting station, means I grab the brushes more often. :) See you also have it there, good choice mon!

Yea, having my station right next to me makes it easier to be motivated to paint.

It's also nice having pictures of whatever I'm painting up on my screens. I usually find 2 or 3 good examples and have them open while I paint. 

• Like 2

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My area, once I've gotten the majority of the minis back on shelves. Paints are to the left, minis not on shelves in the mass on the right, huge sunny window and lots of glare...to the left.

Desk:

attachicon.gifIMG_20121001_135454.jpg

My son and I took sledgehammers to that old desk yesterday.  It felt really good.

I now have an H-shaped desk arrangement with a desk top supported by two half-height bookshelves and two more bookshelves on the sides above.

• Like 6

My area, once I've gotten the majority of the minis back on shelves. Paints are to the left, minis not on shelves in the mass on the right, huge sunny window and lots of glare...to the left.

Desk:

attachicon.gifIMG_20121001_135454.jpg

My son and I took sledgehammers to that old desk yesterday.  It felt really good.

I now have an H-shaped desk arrangement with a desk top supported by two half-height bookshelves and two more bookshelves on the sides above.

and the picture is where????

• Like 2

Being over 6' I find there is far less love for tall people.  For me it darn near perfect.  My wife is only 5' 5', and looked at me and said, "You may need a step to reach the top shelf".  I then picked up the cans of spray paint, and set them on the top shelf, stating "The only way the boys could get there hands on them now; would be to stand on the top of my paint desk".  My wife looked at me, shook her head, and said it wasn't right that I could reach that shelf.   ::P:

I'm sure if you ask Talespinner he'll tell you that there is no tall people love out there.  If you are smaller than avg you will still fit inside the space provided. If you are taller than average, your head will be brushing the ceiling, have to have a hole cut for your head to stick out of, or you curl up as much as you can and wind up with a crick in your neck.   :ik_oops:

Can I borrow your wife? Just to make some shelves, nothing crazy. I am not good at building things. I envy her skills.

I get the height thing, I'm 5' 4" hubs is 6'. He isn't allowed to put things away since he puts them on shelves I can't reach. "well there was noting on this one" yeah I can't reach it. Duh.

Edited to add my work area. This is half of my "nook" which is  6 by 11 section off the living room that can be curtained off. The other half has my PC and sewing stuff. I was going to take a full pic, but some of the art on my walls isn't fam friendly. 

post-13808-0-76384900-1431790083.jpg  post-13808-0-49460600-1431790097.jpg

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 11

Can I borrow your wife? Just to make some shelves, nothing crazy. I am not good at building things. I envy her skills.

I get the height thing, I'm 5' 4" hubs is 6'. He isn't allowed to put things away since he puts them on shelves I can't reach. "well there was noting on this one" yeah I can't reach it.l

lol

We have the same issue with certain shelves in our kitchen as well.

• Like 1

Finally got got all of my paint storage taken care of, for now.  All the dropper bottle paints have a spot on a rack, clearing up my work surface.  This freed up the old drawer they were housed allowing me to get my other hobby tools off the desk.

IMG_1733_zpsdjqqy6sa.jpg

Here are the close ups of each rack.  There's MSP Clear Brights  and OOP colors on the top row, Liners, "Artist's Blood" triad w/ red Ink on the second row. third row has random gunk mixes Spring Green triad and Linen White. The other three rows have skin and various triads.  The old rack in front holds The Army Painter Inks and Scale 75 Metals and Alchemy sets.
IMG_1728_zpsj7kutghl.jpg

MSP's  and Citidel Inks up top MSP metallics on the second row and Vallejo Model Air Metallics, VMC Fluo colors on the bottom.
IMG_1729_zpsvtyrsnuc.jpg

Ah, Rackham Color...sigh.
Varoius MSP Blue, Grey, Yellow, Red Triads and a tube of titanium white
IMG_1730_zpszpl6i5cp.jpg

In the near future I'll probably get a cutting mat and definitely build some sort of contraption to attach to my reciprocating saw that will allow me to shake up about a dozen bottles of paint at once. 

• Like 10