Paint Area - Adventures in Organizing

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailbraithe I'm always happy to take neglected miniatures off the hands of fellow artists who are too busy. No..don't thank me...it's all about making you feel better. :devil:

I seriously should sell off or give away some of these, since I'm clearly never going to paint them.

• Like 2

You know now that I'm divorced and live alone I'd have to take a pictures of most of my house as my work area, LOL!!!! I guess being single has it's benefits.

Later,

D

I hear that!

• Bad news- I want a divorce.
  • Good news- You mean I can use the formal living room, dining room, and the unused extra bedrooms for my hobbies and toys! Woohoo!! :bday:

• Like 4

Gailbraithe I'm always happy to take neglected miniatures off the hands of fellow artists who are too busy. No..don't thank me...it's all about making you feel better. :devil:

I seriously should sell off or give away some of these, since I'm clearly never going to paint them.

I'm looking for Superheroes, villains, and civilians. Elementals, sci fi characters, golems, and others that can be easily repurposed for such. PM me if you have anything in those lines you want to part with and we'll see what we can work out? I'm only painting my second mini so I doubt I have to worry about dupes!
  • Like 1

I'm looking for Superheroes, villains, and civilians. Elementals, sci fi characters, golems, and others that can be easily repurposed for such. PM me if you have anything in those lines you want to part with and we'll see what we can work out? I'm only painting my second mini so I doubt I have to worry about dupes!

I probably have a lot of stuff you'll like - lots of modern figs that i probably won't ever paint. I'll pm you a list when get home - I'm on my phone right now

This is my painting area. We moved to a new home not long ago.

Although I seldom paint, it's nice to have a desk just for painting. ::):

post-4507-0-83098200-1349399527_thumb.jpg

I try to keep my paints and miscellaneous things in the drawers.

post-4507-0-05158800-1349399529_thumb.jpg

This is half of the gaming loft. We mostly play boardgames here.

This is what happens when your wife plays games... :;):

post-4507-0-56885400-1349399526_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Totally jealous of your gaming loft, evergrin!

Anyway, this is my little space I've tried to clean up today. Up top looks okay for once. Under the desk and everywhere else is another matter entirely.

post-6447-0-34135200-1349534530_thumb.jpg

The re-organised pegboard and shelf above the general work area:

post-6447-0-04257600-1349534540_thumb.jpg

Painting area and storage. Eventually I'll get some of the spiffy looking back to base-ix acrylic paint racks to go on my left:

post-6447-0-08953300-1349534537_thumb.jpg

Empty boxes waiting for the big boxes of random stuff to be sorted:

post-6447-0-36534500-1349534526_thumb.jpg

My local ebay bargain. Still needs work done but some of the drawers have been finished in black. Will eventually hold lots of stuff. Currently has foam board and random tools in the finished drawers:

post-6447-0-52613300-1349534521_thumb.jpg

The place I sit and procrastinate about painting and the like. Loving my new canvas although I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet. Just slapped some of the bombshell pics up on it for now:

post-6447-0-21567300-1349534533_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Evergrin, your gaming room got the Look of Approval ™ from my fiancee. If we ever get a bigger house, I have a feeling I'll be getting a similar hobby room!

CashWiley, I'm happy to hear that. ::): We got the bookshelves from IKEA: Expedit and Billy are their names. My painting desk and book shelves are built-in; They came with the house, we got lucky. Gaming table and chairs are from the Mathis Brothers. Quality ceiling fans you can get a good deal at lampsplus.com. My hubby likes having a little refrigerator for refreshment in the gaming loft. ; )

3 more photos I took a few months ago,

post-4507-0-06471900-1349550685_thumb.jpg

post-4507-0-08991300-1349550684_thumb.jpg

post-4507-0-03587500-1349550683_thumb.jpg

• Like 6