(SPLIT) While Waiting for KS Bones...

Last Knight

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just keep F5ing my inbox and sobbing Hootie & The Blowfish's "I Only Wanna Be With You." My wife's starting to get worried.

I've been doing the same except I have been looping this over and over to teach myself self how to play it.... Funny enough I got the vocal's down on the first try.

My gf just assumes I'm insane and goes about her day

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 1

Things to do while waiting for our bones:

A) Paint some of the bones already available.

B) Gather the strange material known as 'metal.' Collect it with a detailed description of it's properties in order to be buried in a time capsule. The future generations should hear of how we used to barbarically dig up chunks of ore from the heart of the mountain, and melt it into slag before pouring it into molds.

C) Reread the Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, and Wheel of Time series.

D) Spray paint your kids' small plastic toys white. Run a few practice painting drills on them as if they're you're bones.

E) All of the Star Trek series is available on netflix.

F) Go outside. See sunlight. Return to your shelter until it passes.

G) Replace the worn out f5 key on your computer.

Edited by gmpathfinder
  • Like 6

In the vein of painting unpainted minis and finishing old projects in the meantime, I just primed a few sprues of GW chaos knights.... hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to undercoat the horses... I'm going to fit them with chaos marine riders and use them as bikers ^.^

Edited by thatguywiththeface
  • Like 1

Similarly the possible impending arrival of the bones has caused me to try and complete some incomplete projects that are lying around. Getting most of the focus are 15mm SF figures from a variety of sources I am painting up for use with my Traveller games. Taking a slightly more leisurely route are some old 25mm fantasy figures. Some are old Citadel and others are Der Kriegspielers. I am just trying to get these to the stripped (for those already badly painted), cleaned up, mounted and primed stage. Actual painting of these can take place when inspiration strikes or when my kids can be persuaded to join me for a mammoth painting session.

B) Gather the strange material known as 'metal.' Collect it with a detailed description of it's properties in order to be buried in a time capsule. The future generations should hear of how we used to barbarically dig up chunks of ore from the heart of the mountain, and melt it into slag before pouring it into molds.

D) Spray paint your kids' small plastic toys white. Run a few practice painting drills on them as if they're you're bones.

A) I'm up to my jim jams in Ogre Champion Chieftans

B) The Cult of Meh-Tull has fallen! The People of The Plastic have heard the word of Bones, as prophesized by the vision of St. Buglips on the Road to HobbyVillage. We cannot turn back now, for t'would be the very extreme of hypocrisy!

C) I watched The Hobbit, was entertained. Don't know why people hate it so much. 5/5, will watch again.

D) I got as far as "spray paint your kids" but, not having childrens of my own, was unable to find an acceptable substitute.

E) NO THEY ARE NOT! This is a great injustice, as I am dying (literally dying here) to watch DS9 again and it's not available to me anywhere in any format except the slow trickle of DVDs I get from Amazon.

F) Are you trying to trick me into being turned into stone?

G) *epiphay* You . . . you ca replace keys? I did ot kow this!

• Like 5

Buglips: I cannot speak toward Netflicks, but I know that Amazon has them through their Amazon Prime On Demand service. Indeed, I have been watching through all the Star Trek series through that (started with TOS, skipped TNG as I have that on DVD, and am currently on season 4 of DS9).

As for me, I shall keep dreaming of the day that I have a Kaladrax flanked by two Nethy's and a Cthulhu, and the chaos the group will face trying to reach the final battle. It. shall. be. epic.

B) The Cult of Meh-Tull has fallen! The People of The Plastic have heard the word of Bones, as prophesized by the vision of St. Buglips on the Road to HobbyVillage. We cannot turn back now, for t'would be the very extreme of hypocrisy!

C) I watched The Hobbit, was entertained. Don't know why people hate it so much. 5/5, will watch again.

D) I got as far as "spray paint your kids" but, not having childrens of my own, was unable to find an acceptable substitute.

E) NO THEY ARE NOT! This is a great injustice, as I am dying (literally dying here) to watch DS9 again and it's not available to me anywhere in any format except the slow trickle of DVDs I get from Amazon.

old hobbit or new hobbit? the Old hobbit was a acid trip but not as bad as the lotr animated movies, I enjoyed the new hobbit even after they added the drek about the white orc and stretched it into 3 movies.

Oof. No DS9? I apologize for my poor advice. I haven't finished TNG yet, but I remember randomly catching DS9 episodes and thinking it was a fairly good series.

/Also, you might want to get that other thing looked at by a professional, considering how bad my track record with advice has been!

old hobbit or new hobbit? the Old hobbit was a acid trip but not as bad as the lotr animated movies, I enjoyed the new hobbit even after they added the drek about the white orc and stretched it into 3 movies.

I avoided the new one for that reason. I wanted the single 'intro' movie to be a good hook for my daughters when they're a little older, just like the old Hobbit was for me.

After watching it, I thought it was well done and worth the nine hour and 3 year price tag!

I have, as of last year, become a believer in the Cult of Sisko. Sisko is, without a doubt, the greatest of the Captains. And DS9 became my favorite series of all the Treks. I had gotten into many an argument with a friend of mine because up until that point I had refused to watch DS9 because I remembered it as being boring when I first saw it umpteen years ago when it first aired and I was but a naive brat. But with it being on Netflix, and me being bored at work, I decided to finally give it an honest shot. I could not get through it fast enough, and I loved almost every minute of it. I even liked a certain character that comes along later in the series that most people don't like.

I tried the same thing with Voyager, after having heard so many horror stories about it over the years, and I think I got through 4 episodes before I wanted to shoot myself. Maybe it would have done better if I hadn't tried to watch it immediately after finishing DS9, but I don't think it would have helped all that much. That show is just... Bad...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 2