Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Shire Bell/Clock Tower...(RPG game terrain piece)...

post-11942-0-50210500-1367259978_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-85478100-1367259905_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-83865700-1367259832_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-62479400-1367259755_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-18538000-1367259685_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48797300-1367259629_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-55711700-1367259570_thumb.jpg

This is my shire central square garden board with the shire bell/clock tower. It is a game play terrain piece that is scratchbuilt (16"x14") on ceiling tile. Featured are the following photos;

1. Overview of the whole piece.

2. Front view showing clock & door of the tower.

3. Back view of the tower.

4. Closeup of tower bell (it really works).

5. Benches on both sides of the tower.

6. Shire bulletin board closeup with news & postings of the day.

7. Shire bulletin board area.

The central square is filled with large fantasy flowers and has (2) lights for the night time.

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      Inspired by getting the docks done I did some more work on an unfinished watchtower project. 
      It is a hexagonal pencil pot that I sawed in half. I put in balsa supports then layered coffee stirrers for the roof. 
      To defend it I have added foam core board annexes either side of the door. 
      I need to figure out how to do a lip all around the upper part (which will lift off) to disguise the joins. 
      For the door I am probably just going to stick some magnetic material to the back of a couple of one sided resin doors so there can be a broken and unbroken option. 
      Will paint or stick on the other doors and arrow slits. 
      I haven't put it on a hill, wanted it to be versatile so a fairly limited wooden base. Will landscape it but keep it relatively flat. 
      Will also add the ability to stick in artillery, I have the dwarf organ gun from Mantic and think that would be ideal as a 'deck gun'. 

• By eldamir
      So one of my November goals was to work on (or even finish) the DDS 2014 tower ruins .. If you look at the WIP thread, you'll see that it took me a LOOONG time to get this done finally.. 

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the treasure came out, and learned a lot from applying the sand without painting the base Bonesium first, but over all, I'm fairly happy with it... 

• By kristof65
      Deep in the Golad Mountains of Domaar, in the vale of Prin Guls between the Night Elven realm of Khimzul, and the High Elven realm of Auborlon stand the Watch Towers of Prin Guls as a first line of defense against a Night Elven attack.

This is my first serious modeling for my 3d Printer, and is designed to turn an ordinary Pringles can into an Elven themed Watch Tower. These are the first pieces in what will hopefully be another modular fortress. 

Yes, those are Anhurians manning the battlements right now, as I only had one lone elf painted and readily available.

• By Jaws
      I am going to start a larger competition entry, and thought I'd make this WIP thread to help me keep a red line on the project. 

The task is to recreate a cover of a book or album. 

Nothing to post yet, except the cover which will be my inspiration for the entry. I have had it in my mind for a while, and this comp gave me an excuse to begin. 
      Bits have been ordered, and work will commence once they arrive. :) Maybe a little sooner. ^^ As there are some things I can do right away. 

• By Pochi
      I painted up the bookshelf (77318) and table and benches (77319) to go in my cottage. (WIP here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68003-cottage-wip/ )

The table and benches were super simple and I just used the same colors to do the wood as I used to do the floor and roof timbers on the cottage.

The bookshelf is a bit wonky but hey, maybe the wood was warped. I wanted colorful books that looked well cared for. I love reading and have shelves full of books myself! I included a few of my favorites in this bookshelf. A few were hard to photograph as I did the covers on a few of the books that presented covers, I included a close up picture of one of the spines that I detailed.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)