Sign in to follow this  
Cassu

Cassu's many WIPs

He's coming along nicely. Skin tones and highlights look good, weathering on gauntlet's and metals are great and the way you painted the knotted scarf in red and white gives good contrast and draws the eye in. The rocks on that base are highlighted so well and so sharp. Is this another one of your custom bases?

• Like 1

He's coming along nicely. Skin tones and highlights look good, weathering on gauntlet's and metals are great and the way you painted the knotted scarf in red and white gives good contrast and draws the eye in. The rocks on that base are highlighted so well and so sharp. Is this another one of your custom bases?

Thanks Anne! Not entirely, the majority of the base came with the figure and I just added on some green stuff foliage so there could be more greenery on the rocks:

base.jpg

Nearly done now:

monkeyking9.jpg

Re-glued his staff and put some green stuff over the break to try and stabilize it and as I type this it's just fallen off again. Going to leave the green stuff to try overnight and try re-gluing the thing. This is a great mini but it has given me all kinds of hell.

Edited by Cassu
  • Like 6

Added highlights:
tsuko4.jpg

Smoothed out my blends by going over the majority of the skin with a wash of oiled leather and then went back in with more shadows and highlights:

tsuko5.jpg

• Like 7

I'm sure they will. They're not going to spend that much for that high of quality sculpts to not. Also the Kickstarter is supposed to launch in the next two weeks. We'll see if they hit that.

• Like 1

E'gads! I go away for the weekend and don't see all the replies to this thread. Thanks for the feedback as usual guys, funnily enough Baugi I DID follow the paint recipe for the base coat, shadows and highlights before I thought 'screw it!' I think because I put a lot of shadows on, it turned out darker than the reference image in the instructions and it all went downhill from there. ^_^

Cash, thanks for the link I loooove that sculpt. The painting one is awe-inspiring. They've just posted a teaser on their Facebook saying that their Kickstarter is coming soon. I'm excited, will have to examine the purse strings and see if I can pledge. Hopefully they'll ship internationally and hopefully for not *too* much.

Hubby and I went away for the weekend, bought more Reaper paints, Mouselings and heaps of other swag including a little Bones wolfie man:
wolfie.jpg

I must admit, I am reeeeally getting into basing now. I went for my usual walk yesterday and came home with a bag full of wood chips and small branches. I used a small piece of dead wood I found for this base, stuck it into some milliput and smooshed some kitty litter in around the bottom for rocks.
I'm also considering cutting the front toes of Mr Wolfie Face and using green stuff to re-position them so they're clinging to the wood. At the moment his foot is kind of just hanging over the edge and it looks weird.

base1.jpg

Made another base with a wood chip, milliput, kitty littler and funnily enough the cut-up remains of the base that Wolfie Man was standing on before I removed him from it. Don't throw that stuff away, you can use it later!

No idea what mini I'll put on this base. When my Bones finally arrive I might hunt around and see what looks good.

winterchallenge.jpg

Teeny bit more work on this one. I need to have this done by the end of the month, augh! See how much I can power through this weekend.

• Like 3

Welcome to the world of basing. I'm glad you've realized that there's a large supply of stuff out there for free as it pains me to see people paying for stuff they can get for free, or much cheaper at a home repair store, then through the hobby channels.

• Like 2