Cassu's many WIPs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, that cloak is truly inspired and incredibly gorgeous. Very well done. (Though I wonder why she would have such exquisite detail hidden inside her cloak, rather than across the back?)

I put the design on the inside of the cloak because I want to use it as a light source. Before laying down any more paint I played around with the last photo in Photoshop to work out my colour scheme / light sources:

winterchallenge9.jpg

• Like 15

I put the design on the inside of the cloak because I want to use it as a light source. Before laying down any more paint I played around with the last photo in Photoshop to work out my colour scheme / light sources:

Nice overlay art. Can't wait to see you get there.

Been toying with doing the same PS work with some mini-pics I have. I retouch photos and such frequently for work. I can get an idea of where I am going and then get there. Or something like that. "Road meets rubber" and all.

Edited by Thrym

Thanks guys. I think Photoshop can be a great tool to help work out colours before I put my brush to the mini itself.

Bit more work in Alastriel's cloak and dress on the highlights and shadows:

winterchallenge10.jpg

Blocking in a bit of the gold roughly as well.

• Like 10

This is very inspirational. I've already got a concept in mind for an evil wizard with souls trapped in the inside of his cloak and a Mage with his tower inside his. Thank you ever so much for sharing. Great stuff.

• Like 1