What do you regret?

I see what a great deal the big dragons were, and I regret for a moment not getting them - until I remember that I didn't get them because I like my dragons alive. ;)

I regret not getting the paints, a bit, because I had no idea what paint costs and I thought surely I could find them cheaper elsewhere. Oops. But had I got them then I still wouldn't have any paints, and I have been enjoying painting. So it's all good!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret having a teacher's salary* and not being able to fund more add ons. Also, scoffing at getting more big dragons. I figured that having all the D&D big models was enough. Big K and Nethy will be missed...

(Note: I do not regret being a teacher)

good, the only people who in my experience, regret being teachers are really very poor teachers anyway

I work with a couple of those people...what a horrible way to live. These kids will eat you alive if you let them. That being said, they will also make every day worth the amount you put into it if you let them. I say that as a middle school teacher. And today was field day ;)

As for this thread, I guess that the answer is to save money before the next KS starts...but the dilemma is that it then means buying less minis/paints/etc in the meantime.

• Like 1

I thought I replied to this. Let's see, I regret the following:

Regrets:

1) Not picking up Nethyrmaul, Demons, Giants, and the Hydra.

2) Not picking up the other 2 sets of paints. I didn't realize that the paints cost 3 something outside of the kickstarter.

3) Not buying some of the original Bones miniatures to play around with to see if I wanted to add on more money.

No regrets:

1) Not purchasing Forces of Nature. They are going to be cheaper retail. :D

No regrets:

1) Not purchasing Forces of Nature. They are going to be cheaper retail. :D

I missed that point. I have those headed my way. Now I wish that money went toward a Big K or Nethy...

They were the only case where that happened. For the most part, Reaper either estimated costs pretty well, or else underestimated what they would cost. You save money on pretty much every other option.

I did the math a while ago, and I think it ended up requiring you to have ordered several hundred of them before it even began to outweigh the savings you got on your Vampire pledge.

• Like 1

I regret I never preordered the hydra. I will be ordering it the day it goes on sale through the store, even if I am drowning in a sea of bones at the time.

I do not regret preordering forces of nature, I am getting two huge beautiful minis that cost $67.48 in metal for $15. I really don't mind people saving a couple bucks on the same purchase later. I still think I made out like a bandit on the kickstarter in general, and am very happy with the big guys.

• Like 1

I regret not kissing that gir... OH, about the KS? Regret not entering it. It would have fitted perfectly into the 170 dollar sweetspot for Norwegian shipping! :/ I still get why I didn't go for it, I had not painted any minis before, and was not sure if I ever would. And, I get to spend that money in the online store instead! I am nearly as hyped as you guys about the KS, difference is that I'm waiting for the influx of new bones in the online store!

I regret I never preordered the hydra. I will be ordering it the day it goes on sale through the store, even if I am drowning in a sea of bones at the time.

I do not regret preordering forces of nature, I am getting two huge beautiful minis that cost $67.48 in metal for $15. I really don't mind people saving a couple bucks on the same purchase later. I still think I made out like a bandit on the kickstarter in general, and am very happy with the big guys.

Also: you get them sooner, and get a bigger KS package! :D

My only regret would be getting a 2nd Vampire level instead of using the $100 to opt into more of the add-on options instead; for instance, picking up a 2nd Nethyrmaul and a few of the other options. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but having seen the sculpts at ReaperCon....