Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Open air market booths (Shire board; terrain)...art draft ideas.

post-11942-0-84005100-1367533556_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-78998700-1367533496_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-77832000-1367533452_thumb.jpg

This is posted mainly for (Darsc Zacal)...a member who suggested that I add an open air market to my (3D) shire. I think that the idea was fantastic and I will be starting work on this shire board piece in the very near future. I just wanted to let him see my art draft concept ideas for the booths that I will be building and the board will be designed as a combination idea of a farmers market & renaissance fair...I do want to give full credit to (Darsc Zacal) for the idea...thank you!

• Like 2

I'm just glad you found my suggestion useful! ::):

I like all three of your ideas and I think a mix of them might be best to represent your market.

I will admit though, that the top design is my favourite of the three. Especially if you can build it to fit a mini or two behind the counter.

• Like 1

I'm just glad you found my suggestion useful! ::):

I like all three of your ideas and I think a mix of them might be best to represent your market.

I will admit though, that the top design is my favourite of the three. Especially if you can build it to fit a mini or two behind the counter.

All (3) designs will be built for the variety of the view...and any booth with an interior will be scaled so that a figure or two can be behind the counter. I did the (3) art draft booth styles with given fair products in mind...so thus the varied booth designs will fit the products being sold.

Aaaaaaand now I wanna build something like these with HA bits. Mold 220 ought to work nicely for that...

~v

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Conan the Painter
      I am currently in somewhat beginning stages of trying to build an entire medieval village out of dollarstore foam and hotglue, this was the third building I've ever built actually.  Unfortunately it was super hard to get decent pictures of it.. but I'm pretty sure that it at least looks ok.   As a side note, I have absolutely no clue how historically accurate this thing is.  It looked somewhat like stuff Ive seen in shows and online and I figured that it was for either frostgrave or dnd so It doesnt have to be the pinnacle of realism lol. 

• By Dan S
      It has been a while since my last post, I'm am just struggling to find the free time to sit down and paint or build at the moment.

Anyway, this week I got the opportunity to run some run some 'build along' model making workshops with the kids at the Youth Centre where I work, and we have been putting together little X-mas themed display pieces.  It was actually pretty fun being able to share and introduce a new generation to the joys of my nerdy hobby.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out so I figured I would share. 

The base is just a piece of log, and the moose is a very cheap plastic toy (I repainted mine), which I managed to find at a local discount store in big buckets of 50 animals for £2, they really cheap and nasty, but actually paint up nicely.  Everything else is just standard modeling stuff, sculptamold, static grasses, clump foliage etc.

On another note I have not forgotten about or abandoned my Apocalyptic Suburbia Journal, it is still sat on my desk gathering dust.  I plan to get back to it in the new year.

• By Punkfrog
      New range of scenery by Hammerlot Games.
      Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerlot/dark-stones-the-cult-begins

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      (Yes, the title is a throwback to a contest I ran years ago on here....no I'm not running another one, with today's shipping rates, ugh......)

This is where I'm going to work on 3D printed terrain pieces for Star Wars Legion, most of which currently are going to be spaceships.  Because why use generic terrain when you can be shooting Rebel Scum hiding behind X-wings and the like?

Up first is this:

All the FDM bits are there, but most of the resin bits (guns, ramp, interior) are still in a bin waiting to have their supports removed and cured.
      I figured I should get a thread started as maybe that will get me over that initial hurdle of actually starting.  This has all been printed for a week or two and just sitting there....plus I'm gonna need that airbrush booth for other things sooner or later....

I will, of course, be attempting to make this look somewhat like the original episode 5 version, not some retconned prequel sillyness.

Now to go listen to some Prism.
    • By Kangaroorex
      Every year I put together a village using as many of my noncombative miniatures along with my Dwarven forge village a few pieces from my parents ceramic village and my old shops from the fire as she bears campaign

It may not be finished yet but its a good start to the holiday!
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)