So, my friend's parents were moving and found an old case of mini's which they promptly made him come get. He's not into figure painting anymore (the shame! but his wife is, so it's not a total wash), a nd figured I would enjoy these figures more than he (after letting his wife pick through, like a smart man). So here they are, old Partha's, Grenadier, even a few GW Battlequest(? I never remember the name) plastic dwarves. Mostly late 80's early 90's. More pics here totalling ~60 minis. Yeah, fear the Shiny Enamel Glory that was the early 90's.

Some I don't care for, and unless convinced otherwise, they will be taken to the dreaded Metal Table of Doom next Reapercon.... Though I especially like the oriental orcs.

-DD

DSC08673_zpsee687c1d.jpg

DSC08675_zpsc4862a5a.jpg

DSC08672_zpsfee109f5.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The goblins are also partha TSRs. The drow party look to be all RAFM. And you've got most, if not all, of a partha AD&D Forgotten Realms Heroes boxed set.

- Mummies also partha TSRs, part of the Ravenloft mummies blister.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin

Number one is Khisanth from the Ral Partha AD&D Dragonlance Villains set.

AND it looks like you have at least one of his horns. Got the other one? He's hard to find with his horns. I've had three, all hornless.

Yep. He has one horn attached, and the other lying on the ground or something. It's with him though.

I did forget to mention RAFM. I think the three bases (with the plastic dwarves) are also RAFM. I think my favorite so far is the little halfling with the staff and wand (on the end).

Thanks for looking! I know trade discussions are off limits, so... PM? (open to anybody, really) ;)

-Dave

I've actually stopped all mini acquisitions until I eat through some of the KS bones inbound. And it's killing me, some of the partha deals I'm passing up on eBay.

However, I'd suggest bundling Khisanth in a baggie with all his parts together. With both horns he's a genuine rarity.

• Like 2

I've actually stopped all mini acquisitions until I eat through some of the KS bones inbound. And it's killing me, some of the partha deals I'm passing up on eBay.

However, I'd suggest bundling Khisanth in a baggie with all his parts together. With both horns he's a genuine rarity.

You and your Bones addiction... Where's Spilgub?! ;)

-DD

Those orcs looks cool - somehow the orcs ended up Japanese in one of my games. I assume since they're old minis, they're 25mm or smaller?

The samurai orcs are about the same size as the book cultist here. Large for 25mm, but they're supposed to be largish monsters, no?

-DD

I say keep 'em all. Melting down old and out of production minis just seems wrong to me. Kind of like wrecking a classic car because it isn't the exact model you wanted, or destroying an antique piece of furniture because you no longer think that it matches the new paint in your living room. If the minis are still being produced, then sure, toss 'em. But otherwise I don't think I'd be able to let them go.

But then I'm a bit of a hoarder, so what do I know.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 4

I question the wisdom of melting down old classics like these.

I'm willing to bet they will find an appreciative home.

This is my hope. I figured someone will grab them out of the melt table; if they make it that far, I may put up a box for old figs. I recall several people poring over the table in search of similar.

-DD

The plastic dwarves are from Grenadier miniatures old Fantasy Warriors game (it was intended to be competition for a certain other companies mass combat game...). Not sure about the metal bases in the same pic, they look like something RAFM may have done...

The driders are from RAFM (I think); the drow in the third pic are RAFM for certain.

I'm not positive, but I believe the dwarf riding the bear is another Fantasy Warrior release.

The rest have already been ID'ed or I'm not sure of.

edit>>spelling

Edited by Chaoswolf