Sign in to follow this  
Beagle

Why no elf kickstarters?

Yes,there are, indeed, some kind of dark elves in Tolkien. Buried deep in the depths of the Silmarillion there is a chapter about elves that live underground.

You know, some of the best elf art was from Magic the gathering. I would definitely like to see more badd-elf wood elves... The kind that kill you because you entered their forests... than goody elves.

87.jpg

One cool thing the elves do in my pathfinder game, is a meld with trees kind of deal. Some druid-knights can combine with a tree to make sort of a treant type creature that fights... kind of like a tree mecha... the power of the knight determines the size tree they can meld with.. So small trees/low power for lower level, and the huge redwood type trees for the elders... I could see some tree mechs with distorted elf faces... I would definitely back that..

I'd like to see a line that had elves with features more like this guy...

ElfBard.JPG

...That's not an elf. That's an alien with hair and a flute.

It is terrifying.

• Like 2

Froudian designed miniatures would definitely be a huge deal for me. My girlfriend is a massive Froud fan, I love his aesthetic, and having miniatures that I could go all sepia on would be a ton of fun!

But not Freudian-designed miniatures. Kingdom Death has that niche covered.

• Like 5

Froudian designed miniatures would definitely be a huge deal for me. My girlfriend is a massive Froud fan, I love his aesthetic, and having miniatures that I could go all sepia on would be a ton of fun!

But not Freudian-designed miniatures. Kingdom Death has that niche covered.

This had me laughing to the point my wife asked if I was okay...

IME there feels like there are plenty of elves in all sorts of sculpts and a thin human can cover for elves as mentioned above. Dwarves tend to be more limited to Axey Mc Hammerbeard and the occasional mini fighting against that type, but you don't see a broad spectrum of dwarves in too many lines.

love it. Know what to name my next dwarf PC now, thanks!

"axy was a young member of the Hammerbeard clan, desperate to prove himself in the wide(and tall) world with nothing but his wits, his ale, and an axe the size of a dragons uvula"

Mannikin Studios/Under the Mountain was doing figures based on the fairy tale art of Arthur Rackham and had some very interesting stuff. The store front page seems to be defunct currently, but you can get a look at many of the figures through Google image search. Hopefully they'll be back, they had some very interesting stuff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mannikin+studios&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=PDSHUefGG5PA9gS3-oCwDQ&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1187&bih=1025

I'd like to see a line that had elves with features more like this guy...

ElfBard.JPG

...That's not an elf. That's an alien with hair and a flute.

It is terrifying.

american_dad_roger_costumes_by_miranda11

First thing I thought of when I saw that flautist was Roger!