Disposable Paint Palette

Rintor

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it look like? Is it a pad of paper or something more like a paper plate?

And for what it's worth, a reusable palette is cheaper in the long run.

I put tin foil on my paint palette, rinse and toss it in the recycle when it's used up. That way my cheapo plastic palette doesn't get stained and I don't feel bad throwing stuff away that can be recyled.

And it's a Mary Kay palette, and if your city has a good recyling program you can recycle stryofoam too.

• Like 1

• Artists

You can get a big bag of foam plates made of similar material at the grocery store. That's what we usually use for palettes in paint classes. Though that is a completely flat surface, if you like the little dips in the Mary Kay style palettes, I'm not aware of any disposable escargot plates or anything. ;->

Spraying Simple Green on reuseable palettes and letting them sit for a little while makes them much less of a pain to clean.

• Like 1

Or you could switch to a wet palette. ::):

If I'm using my ceramic palette, just leaving it under the running stream of water while I'm cleaning my brushes usually means that most of the paint is washed off by the time that I'm done with the brushes.

If you have a plastic palette, best bet is to try the aluminum foil trick, get a ceramic one, or make yourself a wet palette. The plastic ones aren't worth the trouble.

Ron

Weren't those from Mary Kay? If so, a Mary Kay distributor might be able to sell you some.

Ron

That makes it easy to search for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mary-Kay-DISPOSABLE-STYROFOAM-TRAYS-Pack-of-30-NEW-IN-PACKAGING-DISCONTINUED-/121100213519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c32229d0f

Brilliant! Thank you. I knew someone would be able to find them for me. And thank you all for the kind tips and suggestions.