Open air market (WIP...Booth #3...Game play terrain)...

post-11942-0-70815600-1367951397_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-77567300-1367951353_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-55792700-1367951306_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-83728800-1367951266_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-54364600-1367951215_thumb.jpg

This is (booth # 3) in/of my farmer market & renaissance fair table top (RPG) game board. I posted this one (it being the simplest booth to make...the (Fabrics & Rugs) booth. My process for the creation of this booth (as well as all the others) is as follows;

1. Raw wooden booth...stain with (Jacobean) wood stain (Minwax)...

2. Dry brush with...(Light Cinnamon)...Acrylic paint...

3. Dry brush with...(Taupe Safari)...Acrylic paint...

4. Wash with (50/50 mixture)...(Butterscotch Alcohol Ink & Water)...

5. Dry brush with...(Rust)...Pastel chalk powder...

6. Spray with...Lusterless flat spray...

Materials are all real fabric cut to scale size (52" wide x 12' long)...

Left to do are the cloth top (stripe white & ocher) and addition of small signs...

• Like 5

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking good, although I think we'll need to see the signs and other addons you have planned before a final judgement.

I only say that because at the moment the booth itself is a bit hidden and overwhelmed by the carpets themselves. I'd almost suggest scaling them back just a bit, but I think that depending what you've still to add, that may be unnecessary.

And thank you for posting the steps you use in putting these together.

::):

• Like 1

It's looking good, although I think we'll need to see the signs and other addons you have planned before a final judgement.

I only say that because at the moment the booth itself is a bit hidden and overwhelmed by the carpets themselves. I'd almost suggest scaling them back just a bit, but I think that depending what you've still to add, that may be unnecessary.

And thank you for posting the steps you use in putting these together.

::):

I agree that the booth is a bit hidden and overwhelmed with the fabrics & carpets...My question to you is...(1) Are we looking at a clear view of booths that are very sparsely laden with a few goods here and there...or...(2) Are we looking at a farmers market & renaissance fair that is loaded to the gills with goods and the booths are secondary (only basic vessels to hold the goods)?

I agree that the booth is a bit hidden and overwhelmed with the fabrics & carpets...My question to you is...(1) Are we looking at a clear view of booths that are very sparsely laden with a few goods here and there...or...(2) Are we looking at a farmers market & renaissance fair that is loaded to the gills with goods and the booths are secondary (only basic vessels to hold the goods)?

That's a good question. My answer back is it depends on how you envision the setting for your town.

In my games, the average town my players encountered would typically have a market tending towards the sparser side of the scale. I'm not saying the cupboards would be bare however. The basic necessities would usually be there in some quantity, though not always in abundance. Luxury items would be uncommon to very rare or even unavailable.

The fully laden markets would only be something found in the larger cities, or the more prosperous towns of my campaigns.

The impression I get from you and your work is that the town you are wanting to building, while varied, is more on the prosperous end of the scale. If that's correct, then yes the majority of your booths should be stocked to the gills. :;):

• Like 1

That's a good question. My answer back is it depends on how you envision the setting for your town.

In my games, the average town my players encountered would typically have a market tending towards the sparser side of the scale. I'm not saying the cupboards would be bare however. The basic necessities would usually be there in some quantity, though not always in abundance. Luxury items would be uncommon to very rare or even unavailable.

The fully laden markets would only be something found in the larger cities, or the more prosperous towns of my campaigns.

The impression I get from you and your work is that the town you are wanting to building, while varied, is more on the prosperous end of the scale. If that's correct, then yes the majority of your booths should be stocked to the gills. :;):

In the kingdom that my characters are in; the shire (Kront) is the largest town there is. There are a number of smaller towns and scattered inns & hostels...scattered monastery confines...tower & castle ruins...and many smaller hostile compounds...Lastly you have the evil strongholds of (Gabalus, Lyrabar and Velprintalar)...(see kingdom game map). Kront gets goods shipments that arrive at the fishing village of Telflamm and are transported overland to supply the shire...So I would have to agree (the town is on the prosperous end of the scale)!

Edited by catdancer