• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on if they think slapping "Dungeons & Dragons" on a generic fantasy plot with C-list actors and a D-grade script will bring them great success... you know, like they did with the first one.

Haven't seen the second or third, but I hear "Book of Vile Darkness" was at least entertaining.

Here is a video that explains how the movie rights to D&D ended up foolishly squandered for all of eternity.

Good grief! That video's almost an hour long. I am not going to try to watch that on my phone.

Can you give us the hilights?

Sorry. Um, looks like its at the 34 minute mark.

They insulted Jim Cameron when he wanted to do it so he walked out on talks. Then they sold the rights to a these guys never expecting them to actually make a movie. Basically it was supposed to be a bunch of stuff they had to do or they'd lose the right that wasn't as difficult to do as TSR thought it would be (TRS seemed to be after free money). So now as long as they meet the requirements, things like submitting new scripts ever so often, they get to keep the rights.

Now this is going to piss off all you hard core gamers so bare with me just a moment. I am not a gamer but a mini painter so I am kind of ignorant about DnD. The only Dnd I know is Dragonlance and the Forgotten Realms ( i know not he same thing). I do remember the 80's cartoon and thought DnD was just set in a different world and age but had no core characters. So can someone educate me a bit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a simple one for you.  Painted the Great Worm as a Purple Worm to the surprise of no one.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

• By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a fun and simple one for you this week!

Owlbears are one of my favorite D&D creatures.  They're just such a silly concept and I love them.  Any scenario were I could use a bear, I swap out for one of these guys instead.  However, despite owning several different owlbear models, I have avoided painting them for a long time out of fear of ruining them.  Finally decided to give one a shot.

Reaper Bones 4: Lowland Owlbear (77674)

More Photos Below

What kind of Owls should I use as inspiration next?

What mini did you put off painting for too long?
    • By TheGhostPepper
      I recently finished up this book nook.  I was inspired by Black Magic Craft (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOWFbYNTOo&fbclid=IwAR0KPsFmpNYhvNHcca_3uWtP4U3fLk1F8InSrhXuLQB94Fj0EPAc_wwDbHo).  I made this for a good friend that I have played DND with who is moving and wanted a little going away present to give to him. Painted with mix of Reaper Paints and Vallejo paints.  The terrain is 3D printed, stalagmites are from Thingiverse and the ruins are from Printable Scenery (https://www.printablescenery.com/) that I modified on Meshmixer.  This was my first time working with poured resin and LED lighting, was a lot of fun and now I am definitely going to make one for myself. 

• By MusicalFeline
      So, I recently purchased the "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments Monsters Paint Set". Came with a bunch of Army Painter washes and paints and yadda yadda yadda...

But it also came with this neat Owlbear mini, which is what I have to share with you guys today!

First eyes I ever successfully painted. But in my defense, I'd only ever tried on minis with smallish eyes, which was NOT the brightest idea I'd ever had. The left eye turned out really good in my opinion, but the right one was a bit messy.

I also need to do so me touch-up work on the base. I got a bit careless with the wash, and uh... Yeeeeah.

Lastly and leastly, I didn't upload an outdoor picture as I usually do. That'll probably come later, provided I don't forget. 

• By Kangaroorex
      Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know of a module or resource that has a pre made undersea city or palace?  One of my group paying saltmarsh took up the sea elf Prince when his character drowned  and then promised the support of his city.  Now the party wants to visit the city and negotiate for those resources.  I want them to have a good time and have at least the trappings of a city around them but I don't want to build and populate an entire city in a week or 2 for a 1 week adventure that could, potentially become a rerunning resource but might not.

Does anyone know of a module or supplement for an Atlantis or similar city below the waves?
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)