Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures
I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials. Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).
I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly. I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.
It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough. It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine. It's glossy like inks.
Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.
Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.
I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye. It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.
I am quite happy with him so far.
Stay tuned and Enjoy!
Now that I'm back from Reapercon, I think it is time to post pictures of my entries. This is Monique Denoir, and she was awarded a bronze Sophie in the painters category.
I was pleased with the paintjob on her, and I'm happy that she could compete with the many very well painted Reaper miniatures in the competition (every year there are quite a few fantastic entries- this year was no exception).
Some partly modified Nolzur's Myconid Adults, plus a WotC Manes demon I got in a random box. I had no need of flabby little demons, and I do have need of spore servants, so I took drill and sewing pins to them as described in this thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85573-putting-the-fun-in-fungal-infestation/
Behold Mushroom Buddy 1! He's inspired by Boletus subvelutipes, Boletus bicolor, and other more flashy boletes.
And here's Mushroom Buddy 2, modded up with pins. More of a Boletus edulis / B. pinophilus look to him, with enokitake/ Flammulina velutipes sprouts. More of a waxy-cap or psilocybe color to the little sprouts though; all pale would be boring.
And here's Cletus the spore servant. I figure in life he was a very fat goblin. I made these mushroom stems a very subtle purple (Slaanesh grey + Reaper Vampiric Flesh).
And here's a group shot!
Hey all, I've begun the process of re-basing some old WOTC Star Wars metal characters that I painted a while back. I've added a little height to each base, and now they will be more consistent with the new Star Wars Legion models. I hope you enjoy them.
The first is the Cerean Jedi. This guy was my character in the Living Force campaign for many years.
Next up is the Human Male Fringer.
Last, for now, is a Warhammer 40K model that I painted up do be a human soldier.
This is a re-paint of one of Wizards of the Coast's pre-painted plastic D&D miniatures. According to the information moulded under the base, it's a Lich Necromancer.
I tried to get his cloak looking like a fairly freshly flayed skin, though with fairly limited success.
WotC's pre-painted miniatures are extremely variable in quality, both in sculpting and in painting. This isn't one of their best in either respect, but neither is it one of their worst.
Who's Online 18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)