Sign in to follow this  

We use a lot of draconians, and there's never any that look just right. For this character we needed a 10' tall gold draconian. Having used up all the awesome reptus guys from reaper, and not having found anything bigger and cooler looking, we were at our wits end for him. Then one day I was looking at the shelf above my desk and said "Sweetie, what if we used this sivak draconian for Kezeran?" (that's the character's name). He's bigger than the others, he's cool looking, and best of all, he's made of plastic!

The plan is to repose his arms so that he's weaponless, and use green stuff to sculpt cool looking claws on him. Here he is after I took out his weapon.

kezeranwip2.jpgkezeranwip1.jpg

I tried boiling him like a bones mini to repose his arms but that didn't work. I also tried soaking him in Simple Green to take the paint off but all that did was make him stink of licorice. I hate the smell of licorice. <_<

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 6

Thanks, now all I see when i look at him is him play air guitar! How can I take our BBA NPC seriously if he's playing air guitar?! :wacko:

Thanks, now all I see when i look at him is him play air guitar! How can I take our BBA NPC seriously if he's playing air guitar?! :wacko:

Ah but you just aren't thinking of the right guitar. He's obviously playing the Fender Fuego, a badass, abyssal, dragonbone, enchanted guitar of fireballs. It also has an axe blade lower edge on the body for when the wielder wants to get up close and personal with their 'fans' in the ' mosh pit' of battle. That particular example is known as the Black Sabbath Slayer.

The reason you can't see it is that it is usually hidden under an invisibility spell too preserve the element of surprise. Just wait till your draconian hits his first power chord...

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 3

You are right...there are NEVER enough draconians! I'm a little sad I never got my hands on any of the D&D prepainted Sivaks...they were released after I stopped having an interest in the line and the associated miniature game.

I haven't done much with repainting those models, but if Simple green isn't taking off the paint, then I think I'd just prime over it.

• Like 2

That doesn't help. He's the son of Tiamat, he's not supposed to play guitar. At least not until the end of the campaign when they do a heavy metal video, like they did at the end of Warcraft 3. That was fun.

• Like 2

He always was a rebel that way. "But Mom, I don't want to wait till we crush your enemies to start my band. My buddy Ah'zee says there is gonna be a talent agent from Abyssal Records at the next battle. This is our big chance!"

• Like 5

To digress from Kezeran starting a heavy metal band (that would be hilarious) here's some more pictures!

I pulled his arms off with pliers! No more air guitar for you haha!

kezeranwip5.jpgkezeranwip6.jpg
Then I cut up his arms, repositioned them so he's in a reaching/grabbing pose, and pinned them together. Drilling the plastic the WotC minis are made is not as easy as you might think. Also, I managed to pin my thumb. :wacko:
kezeranwip4.jpgkezeranwip3.jpg
I'm going to green stuff in his joints to hold it all together. then I think I'll paint him before I reattach his arms, just to make it a lil easier.
Comments, critique, questions, suggestions, random nonsense about heavy metal draconian bands all welcomed ^_^

• Like 3

Nooooo, not the air guitar!!. Good work on the arms though. I think I agree on painting first, they will be in the way, if not quite as much as when he was rocking out.

• Like 1

Also, I managed to pin my thumb. :wacko:

I can't tell you how many times I've done that. Ouch.

Also, is he going to be carrying something in the hand with the curled fingers?

No, I forgot to say, I'm going to sculpt new hands on him. Or try to anyway. One of his demi-god features is huge-normous double-sided six inch claws that tear through anything, so I'm going to try to sculpt some brutal looking claws on him.

I made a little progress after being in a funk then sick. I built up his base with green stuff, decided that would be easier than putting him on a new base. 20 points for anyone who guesses what I used to put the texture on the base.

Put a layer of paint on him, found all his mold lines and a giant gap at his neck, so I filled the gap in with green stuff and painted over him again. Of course, I forgot to work on his arms. Go me!

kezeranwip7.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and random nonsense all welcomed ^_^

• Like 2

I made a little progress after being in a funk then sick. I built up his base with green stuff, decided that would be easier than putting him on a new base. 20 points for anyone who guesses what I used to put the texture on the base.

Cheese!

Actually, and somewhat seriously, was it a ruler?

Nope, though that's a good idea, I'll have to remember to try it next time.

I used a rock and Shoatima's tail for the part between his feet when the rock wouldn't fit. Seriously, all I could find that would fit was a little metal otter tail.

I took these pictures a while ago a promptly forgot to post them. So here's the pins I put in his hands before I put green stuff on for his claws.

kezeranwip9.jpgkezeranwip8.jpg

Pictures of the green stuffed hands to follow later today.

I'm such a terrible procrastinator :rolleyes:

• Like 3