So the 4th book of skull and shackles has a MASSIVE cyclops ruin in the first half and I broke down and Had it printed out for my players on a 1" scale.

these are the first two sections of the four part map, we were eyeballing it tonight and realized it would take Four of these gaming tables pushed together to fit all on the "table"

I believe the final measurement of the total map is 7.1feet by 5, I got the guys at fedex to print this monster out in black and white after spending about 30 min's editing the file to get the scale just right.

total cost $56, players donated $25 to the cost, I know a Lot of people wouldn't do this but I just couldn't resist it, I enjoy running about as much as my friends like playing.

Keep in mind the pazio adventure paths come with digital copies of the maps if you get the subscriptions or for a few bucks as a stand alone. Btw you can print them without the location markers but I wasn't too worried about it.

8724181805_a1e1275544_c.jpg

8724181935_04aafaf02c_c.jpg

• Like 2

Should email that picture to the makers of Big Bang Theory... no girls play DnD my hiney! Ha! those are cute girls too! Take that main stream media myths!

ETA on topic: that's a big map >.>b

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 5

Wow, that map is huge. I wish that my groups would have ever had a place big enough to play with something printed out like that. I've always had to draw my maps at half-inch scale or less and then hope for the best. With my most recent group, our combat grid was only 18"x18" so it would even make some fairly normal fights against larger monsters a pain in the butt. But we always try to actually have table space reserved for books and papers rather than sitting everything on our laps or off to the side. Sure, it cuts down on table space for big maps, but it makes looking things up go a lot quicker.

I plan on eventually trying to build my own table along the lines of the Geek Chic tables, specifically their Emissary and Envoy tables. I don't know how I'd do the rail system, but I'm fairly certain I can do the rest of it pretty easily. Having a table like that would help in being able to set up decent sized maps and encounters, because then my group wouldn't worry as much about table space for books and papers. We could just use a drawer with a lid or an attached "desk" for all that. If I could afford to just buy a table, I would, but they cost a fortune. I've got a friend who's a carpenter and who could most likely help me make my own for half their price or less.

• Like 1

Ya, those geek chic tables cost about as much as my car <_< I think I'd rather have the table. It's more fun and wouldn't gas :wacko:

• Like 1

I've been coveting those Geek Chic tables for a while. I kid you not, we have a collection jar in the D&D room with a picture of the table we want pasted on the side. Every now and again the players in our group will toss in pocket change.

Of course, I need to buy a HOUSE which will have room to use the table. By the time I have enough saved for that, we might have enough pocket change to make the down payment on the table...so not anytime soon on either front. :down:

On topic, the giant printouts look great--nice job scaling the map, and great idea! Sounds like you have a great group.

Edited by Nissiana

T,

If you guys get the funds for the table before the house, I'll gladly store it for you in my gaming room. It would have a good home in the same state at least. Give you and your hubby a reason to come for visits too. ; )

• Like 2

Fair warning: Spoiler Ahead.

Should email that picture to the makers of Big Bang Theory... no girls play DnD my hiney! Ha! those are cute girls too! Take that main stream media myths!

ETA on topic: that's a big map >.>b

On last night's episode they re-stated, explored and then shattered the myth. The girls on the show have now played D&D.

• Like 3

It kind of looks like a fog was rolling in that day. Perfect atmosphere for raiding a cyclops temple.

I suspect the great old ones have been meddling with my phone I didn't notice any fog when we were gaming :wow:

Oh and on the subject of female gamers, the one in the gray is one of my players, the other two are GF's that come hang out for a little bit while we are playing. It really seems like arkansas has the lion's share of female gamers as I have known a LOT of them.

Side note, the girl that's cut off in the second picture plays a mean sith inquisitor on swtor

Side side note, Have I stated How much I Love my friendly local game store?

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 1

Excellent use of the map. As far as the Geek Chic tables I was able to see alot of them in person at PAX East. They are very nice indeed. I still miss my set up from back int he day. My parents had an unfinished addition above the garage that my group used to game it. Our game table was a full size ping pong table, so plenty of space to set all of our books, papers, hex maps and Jenga blocks and dice for walls.

Good times.

• Like 1

Excellent use of the map. As far as the Geek Chic tables I was able to see alot of them in person at PAX East. They are very nice indeed. I still miss my set up from back int he day. My parents had an unfinished addition above the garage that my group used to game it. Our game table was a full size ping pong table, so plenty of space to set all of our books, papers, hex maps and Jenga blocks and dice for walls.

Good times.

we were discussing this subject last night, out of our group We suspect I'm going to be the one to get a house first but the idea is to get a pool table and build a cover that wits over the table so it can double as a gaming table.

• Like 3

I'm going to run to fedex tonight when the gf gets off work and print off the other 2 sections of the map so I should have some more pictures and then more pictures next thursday after game.

Craig's list for used dining room tables. Got mine for $100. Seats 8 gamers comfortably. Drawers at the head and feet of the table for all my dice zand the DMs notes and supplies. Another Craig's list office clear out got me 6 comfy conference chairs for $150.

• Like 3