Sign in to follow this  
jericodarkwynd

Status of next slow boat from china

For Reaperbryan or anyone who might know,,,

do we know what figures are supposed to be in the next shipment,,,

the only extras i have are the mythos monsters, clockwork dragon

and cthuhlu,,,, if i know that they ARENT gonna be in the 2nd wave,

i can wait for the 3rd or beyond more patiently

I'm curious whether the next shipment from China (shipment 3) has all the remaining add-ons, or if there are yet more shipments expected beyond that.

Would be cool to know, but I'm not certain Reaper themselves know exactly what is in which shipment. Depends on how the fulfillment is done by the manufacturer.

Of course, they might know, but I know of cases where you just know you'll have the final tally in the end, and what comes when is pretty much up in the air.

I am willing to wager that they are not going to divulge that information, assuming they even have it to divulge.

• Like 3

I'm not sure it's as clear cut as "options A through N are on this boat, O through Z come after". It's entirely possible that the first boat might have most of the options, then the next one the same but with no Wyrmgears and added Cthulhus for example. I think it would depend on which options were the most popular.

I am almost positive they know exactly what's supposed to be on this next shipment, but won't tell any of us. They have it too well-planned for the former to be false, and they have withheld information of similar sensitivities in the past.

I have the shipping schedule*, as far as when a given container will be loaded on a ship, but only have manifests for them once they are loaded.

In a nutshell, the simple version is that they park an empty container at their factory, and load it as they go. When it is full, they load it on a ship. I know that they know how quickly they can fill a container, so they tell us "shipping on May 13/14" (for example). What they haven't sent us yet is a manifest for future shipments - I know what's on the water, but I get that manifest the day it goes on the water.

*I don't want to say too much, because we're compiling an update, and I hate to contribute to rumors with partial statements.

Pirateers.

Bryan, on a more serious note, thank you for what you can share. I know this is a crazy, hectic time for you guys - even if it's a touch slower with nothing currently shippable - and every little insight into the process you can offer is greatly appreciated.

• Like 4

I have the shipping schedule*, as far as when a given container will be loaded on a ship, but only have manifests for them once they are loaded.

In a nutshell, the simple version is that they park an empty container at their factory, and load it as they go. When it is full, they load it on a ship. I know that they know how quickly they can fill a container, so they tell us "shipping on May 13/14" (for example). What they haven't sent us yet is a manifest for future shipments - I know what's on the water, but I get that manifest the day it goes on the water.

*I don't want to say too much, because we're compiling an update, and I hate to contribute to rumors with partial statements.

Thanks for the info, Bryan. Yet another example to rebut the complainers - "Reaper should know every little detail, so therefore they should tell US every little detail" - actually, no, Reaper doesn't know everything. They know enough, and they share what they reasonably can.

In the meantime, I know a good costume shop near my home. Everyone send me some money and I'll get us the pirate hats we'll need for this adventure.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, Bryan. Yet another example to rebut the complainers - "Reaper should know every little detail, so therefore they should tell US every little detail" - actually, no, Reaper doesn't know everything. They know enough, and they share what they reasonably can.

In the meantime, I know a good costume shop near my home. Everyone send me some money and I'll get us the pirate hats we'll need for this adventure.

Its extremely easy to rebut any complaint if you misrepresent what the complaint actually is.

So to make sure I have this clear: they know what's in customs and on the water. This info is being kept private. Customs is a highly variable delay. Based on the two days to 4 weeks to clear customs, fulfillment could easily continue into July, assuming the third shipment is the last. I don't think a best to worst case scenario schedule is inappropriate, but I do feel that the majority of negative reactions will occur from worst case scenarios being revealed after they are occuring.

Looks like those of us who got Vampire + 1 of each add on or more have another 1-2 months. If this second shipment isn't even everything we probably got a few months at best and if there is a 4th or 5th shipment we could be looking at August. SMH........

Maybe i'll do what others have done and buy the LTP kits and some other bones to hold me over. Looking at pictures isn't filling the void of the wait/anticipation.

Edited by Djbousquet
  • Like 1

What if... reaper already have all the bones in the store but says is on a boat so they sell a LOT of LTP kits and minis to all who suffer bones Withdrawal

• Like 1