Status of next slow boat from china

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Satan! Can we just quit speculating and be pleasantly surprised when we have a gargantuan box on our Doorstep?

I would love to do that. Unfortunately, that box might be sitting on my doorstep for a long time since I'm taking a holiday. So, how do we get our shipment sent to a new address to ensure it doesn't get abandoned on my doorstep, even though my mother in law will be visiting daily.... I don't want it left for the whole day for any passersby to steal it, and I don't want the courier company to return it if I don't arrange alternate shipping address within three attempts because I won't be home to actually do that...etc. ad nauseum.

You can log back into the kickstarter pledge manager and it will let you change your address.

Cool. But does that change my address for every kickstarter I fund, or is that only for the Reaper Bones Kickstarter?

Edited by Starminer

I'm wondering if I should drive to Denton and pick my stuff up and bring burritos or something. (Assuming there is a halfway decent burrito place in Denton. Or a something place.)

I'm going to guess that the answer to that is "probably not" or less politely " how about you keep your hyundai and your fat loser butt in Austin/San Marcos and wait".

I'm wondering if I should drive to Denton and pick my stuff up and bring burritos or something. (Assuming there is a halfway decent burrito place in Denton. Or a something place.)

I'm going to guess that the answer to that is "probably not" or less politely " how about you keep your hyundai and your fat loser butt in Austin/San Marcos and wait".

They have been very receptive to letting people come and get their Vampire boxes, just call/email a few days ahead of time to ensure that the right person is available when you come by.

Sweet Satan! Can we just quit speculating and be pleasantly surprised when we have a gargantuan box on our Doorstep?

I would love to do that. Unfortunately, that box might be sitting on my doorstep for a long time since I'm taking a holiday. So, how do we get our shipment sent to a new address to ensure it doesn't get abandoned on my doorstep, even though my mother in law will be visiting daily.... I don't want it left for the whole day for any passersby to steal it, and I don't want the courier company to return it if I don't arrange alternate shipping address within three attempts because I won't be home to actually do that...etc. ad nauseum.

I'm not sure where you live, but if you're in the US, you can contact the USPS and have them hold delivery while you're away. If you're not in the US, you may want to check to see if it's an option with whatever company/department/etc will be making the drop.

That's a higher price than I would pay. I've been looking forward to this for so long that if anybody reaches their hand near unbidden I'm liable to chew fingers off.

Mine! MINE! I cut you!

But, well, better than having the thing get lost in Canada Post's "did he say hold delivery or throw into the well of doom" or getting it stolen. So, maybe fair.

Still, I think you should seriously consider biting at least one finger off once you have secured the package. Just to let 'em know who's boss.

• Like 8

• Members

They have been very receptive to letting people come and get their Vampire boxes, just call/email a few days ahead of time to ensure that the right person is available when you come by.

They have it ready for you in the store.. my friend picked mine up no problem.