Sign in to follow this  
jericodarkwynd

Status of next slow boat from china

Hey, I've just sent the first draft of an update that will settle all of this - in it I detail precisely how many Containers we are waiting for, and the estimated ship dates of the containers (past and future), AND the resultant estimated start times of the final wave of shipping. I don;t expect much editing to be necessary, although I can be a little verbose in my phrasing, and Ed likes to tighten it up a bit.

At the risk of sounding aggressive, let's curtail this discussion until the post (I am really hoping to be approved to post it tomorrow)

To re-iterate, in case the exact phrasing of the other posts was not to the liking of someone inquiring about the subject:

Reaper has not put any of the BONES miniatures from the kickstarter into general distribution yet, and will not do so until they have shipped ALL of their backer rewards. There were, however, a number of retailers and the like that backed the kickstarter, who have been and will be selling their backer rewards. So, please don't be alarmed if you see some KS bones in a store or on ebay and the like.

Edited by thatguywiththeface

Hey, I've just sent the first draft of an update that will settle all of this - in it I detail precisely how many Containers we are waiting for, and the estimated ship dates of the containers (past and future), AND the resultant estimated start times of the final wave of shipping. I don;t expect much editing to be necessary, although I can be a little verbose in my phrasing, and Ed likes to tighten it up a bit.

At the risk of sounding aggressive, let's curtail this discussion until the post (I am really hoping to be approved to post it tomorrow)

I can't like this enough. Thank you very much.

Also, while I think of it, you should put the "estimated" part of "estimated ship dates" in all caps. And bold. And underlined. And, if you have time, add some exclamation points and a pirate flag.

Edited by Dai-Mongar
  • Like 5

Thank you, Bryan. We as a community can sit here and fling hypotheticals and "There are more factors at play than what the end customer sees" scenarios, but nothing short of being clobbered with a clue-bat will set the matter to rest. Even then some won't be satisfied, but there's a certain segment that wouldn't be happy even had you shipped the Bones a week before they pledged.

Hopefully it dials back the bile and vitriol laced into the justified 'Uhh, guys?', and eliminates most of the unjustified stuff.

And I'm with Raven; if I ever make it down to Reapercon, I'll make sure to bring enough cash to buy you guys a round for all you've put up with for us on this one.

oooooorrr you can be like me & not worry when the big box from Reaper arrives at the door. It'll get here when it gets here crowd ^_^

As I've said it elsewhere if my box of Bones was the last one sent out of the factory I wouldn't care. I know it'll get here eventually.

• Like 5

oooooorrr you can be like me & not worry when the big box from Reaper arrives at the door. It'll get here when it gets here crowd ^_^

As I've said it elsewhere if my box of Bones was the last one sent out of the factory I wouldn't care. I know it'll get here eventually.

It complicates a few encounters for me, but not bad enough I can't work around it. Outside of that, my only real gripe with waiting is that I'm so very sick of painting Orcs and Goblins. But they gotta be done. If my KS had arrived, I could mix a few of those in.

It's my own stupid fault for leaving the mass horde until nearly last anyway.

I think we've entered a new reality as we wait for the Bones, where time is warped and everything seems to be taking longer. I got home from work yesterday, wondering if maybe, just maybe, my L2PKs would FINALLY be here, and then I realized that it had only been 3 business days since I'd ordered them, and I should probably wait for the "they've been shipped" email before I start expecting a box on the porch. Time for me to relearn patience!

All I have to say at this point is... http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Another month or two before everyone gets their stuff shipped out... I'm hoping that I'm one of the sooners rather than a later, but I'm not gonna hold my breath either. I've got 3 big guys that are just gonna hold me up. Guess it gives me all the more time to set up a real painting area then.

• Like 1

Yerp - it's going to be late August before mine arrive as an international which is kinda disappointing :(

I had the option of picking up my Vampire box & paints at ReaperCon, thus leaving just the add-ons I put (not many) to be shipped when they came in. I was that's cool to have that option & to help Reaper out when it comes to shipping costs & such but I didn't have room for it!! ha ha

I was packed up heavy due to the rpg stuff I'd brought & other gaming/painting related items..

Eh, no worries.