Status of next slow boat from china

Looks like those of us who got Vampire + 1 of each add on or more have another 1-2 months. If this second shipment isn't even everything we probably got a few months at best and if there is a 4th or 5th shipment we could be looking at August. SMH........

Maybe i'll do what others have done and buy the LTP kits and some other bones to hold me over. Looking at pictures isn't filling the void of the wait/anticipation.

I think you are right on with this estimate. I'm wondering if Reaper will consider sending us the Vampire sets sitting in their warehouse and then send the adds at the end of the summer or whenever they get them in. IMO, that would be the right thing to do at this point.

Edited by urloony

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like those of us who got Vampire + 1 of each add on or more have another 1-2 months. If this second shipment isn't even everything we probably got a few months at best and if there is a 4th or 5th shipment we could be looking at August. SMH........

Maybe i'll do what others have done and buy the LTP kits and some other bones to hold me over. Looking at pictures isn't filling the void of the wait/anticipation.

I think you are right on with this estimate. I'm wondering if Reaper will consider sending us the Vampire sets sitting in their warehouse and then send the adds at the end of the summer or whenever they get them in. IMO, that would be the right thing to do at this point.

This has come up before, and the Reaper folks have said (credibly, I think) it would add a huge amount of complications, not to mention crippling postage, to the project. Packing up the Vampire boxes, marking down their removal from the pledges sent, keeping track of who got them, and then doing all of the further shipping of extras anyway once they arrive, would be at least a doubling of the work, not to mention introducing so many more ways things can go wrong or get lost.

• Like 2

This has come up before, and the Reaper folks have said (credibly, I think) it would add a huge amount of complications, not to mention crippling postage, to the project. Packing up the Vampire boxes, marking down their removal from the pledges sent, keeping track of who got them, and then doing all of the further shipping of extras anyway once they arrive, would be at least a doubling of the work, not to mention introducing so many more ways things can go wrong or get lost.

^Truth. Reaper's already doing the right thing, by doing the surest thing and keeping things as simple as possible.

Summer for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere. For me, the nights are drawing close and the chill wind whistles outside my door which means one thing...

Snowboarding season is almost upon us!

Now, I just have to work out if I can take my painting kit up to The Hill for après-ski painting...

So, at the risk of being shamelessly on topic, does anyone know if there's going to be a notification when either shipments arrive at Reaper HQ from China or when backer shipments resume?

It's not that I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for my BONES, but I'm trying to plan out my summer. Fortunately I had already booked camps for my kids for the first half of the summer, but there's going to come a point where I'm going to have some very bored teens/tweens hanging around asking when they can learn to paint...

There hasn't been any word one way or the other, to my knowledge. While it'll be good info to have, and the forum community can by and large behave itself if given that info, Bryan needs more rampant speculation by the world at large like he needs more holes in his head. I'm guessing we'll get 'Phase 2/Phase 3 shipping have started' updates at appropriate times, and anything else will be a welcome surprise.

Here is a post from Bryan that appeared in the "No Bones Yet" topic and has been reposted in several other places both here in the Reaper forums and several times in the last Kickstarter update. It gets lost fast though on Kickstarter there is so much talk going on over there.

From ReaperBryan (No Bones Yet)

I'd like to post the timeline as I understood it, and as we posted about it when we began shipping:

**Expected timeline**

~may 25: Shipments begin -> March 30: Next container (A) ships, to arrive late April -> April 15:next container (B) ships to arrive early-mid May -> Late April, Container A in hand, resume shipments after ReaperCon; ALSO final container ( C ) ships to arrive late May -> Early may, ship next phase, using Container B -> Late May: Container C in hand, complete shipping, with an understanding that Early June might be needed for some processing, but we'd know more once we started.

**Actual timeline**

Late April, Container B did not arrive as expected. Customs was the delay, so we held our breath and crossed our fingers and waited for it to arrive, when it was clear that we needed to explain the delay that we had genuinely hoped would not exist, we posted an update. People were angry. Then the Manifest or Container C, which has shipped, did not include all of the items we were missing (this was late last week). We inquired, and discovered that, due to the size of the models, Container C would need to be made into additional containers. A revised schedule was requested, and when one was given, a new update was posted (yesterday). Again, people were angry.

As of this time, Container A is in hand, B & C are on the water, and D & E ship with a window of May 17-21. That's within the week, and I consider that to be good news - much better than the vague "soon" we'd been getting and repeating. We gave the latter date, assuming delays, although to be fair I don't think the earlier date changes timetables much. I'm not sure there's anything we could have possibly done differently. We acted in good faith on the information we had, and continue to do so.

I once again ask everybody to please be civil.

• Like 3

Thanks, Heisler!

I was trying to sort through all the forum threads (reading Kickstarter comments was turning into a soul-sucking experience) and I guess I missed that info.

Probably also doesn't help that I took forever to get an actual account on the forums, etc. I've been poking around reading painting tips on and off for years, but I'm normally more of a lurker. :)

Well, I cheated. I have that pulled out and copied in a notepad doc just to be able to throw it out until we hear something more substantial. I personally don't expect to hear anything until B and C actually hit Reaper's dock. I do have my fingers crossed that D & E are hitting the water this week.

Edited by Heisler