Sign in to follow this  
jericodarkwynd

Status of next slow boat from china

Here is a post from Bryan that appeared in the "No Bones Yet" topic and has been reposted in several other places both here in the Reaper forums and several times in the last Kickstarter update. It gets lost fast though on Kickstarter there is so much talk going on over there.

From ReaperBryan (No Bones Yet)

I'd like to post the timeline as I understood it, and as we posted about it when we began shipping:

**Expected timeline**

~may 25: Shipments begin -> March 30: Next container (A) ships, to arrive late April -> April 15:next container (B) ships to arrive early-mid May -> Late April, Container A in hand, resume shipments after ReaperCon; ALSO final container ( C ) ships to arrive late May -> Early may, ship next phase, using Container B -> Late May: Container C in hand, complete shipping, with an understanding that Early June might be needed for some processing, but we'd know more once we started.

**Actual timeline**

Late April, Container B did not arrive as expected. Customs was the delay, so we held our breath and crossed our fingers and waited for it to arrive, when it was clear that we needed to explain the delay that we had genuinely hoped would not exist, we posted an update. People were angry. Then the Manifest or Container C, which has shipped, did not include all of the items we were missing (this was late last week). We inquired, and discovered that, due to the size of the models, Container C would need to be made into additional containers. A revised schedule was requested, and when one was given, a new update was posted (yesterday). Again, people were angry.

As of this time, Container A is in hand, B & C are on the water, and D & E ship with a window of May 17-21. That's within the week, and I consider that to be good news - much better than the vague "soon" we'd been getting and repeating. We gave the latter date, assuming delays, although to be fair I don't think the earlier date changes timetables much. I'm not sure there's anything we could have possibly done differently. We acted in good faith on the information we had, and continue to do so.

I once again ask everybody to please be civil.

Think we'll get an update when B&C hit customs and/or D&E hit the water?

Probably not when B & C hit customs, the timing there is to much of a crap shoot. Really, there is nothing to report until the important step of B and/or C get to Reaper's dock. Maybe when D & E are on the water.

I couldn't take the wait anymore.. asked my friend in Dallas to pick up my Vampire box.. if they include the extra Heroes set I got that just leaves the Jabberwocky and big 3 to ship out..

• Like 1

I spoke with Bryan this morning. He is to busy planning and organizing at the moment to jump online. He reports that all containers are now on the water..

• Like 9

I honestly don't remember how long the estimated shipping takes, but then there is customs to deal with as well.

I think Bryan said it was 3-6 weeks from China to reaper HQ Customs and all included in there So , at that rate, everything should be in their hands and going out the door before the end of June if all goes well. Of course we can not count on things all going well, and I hope that all rampant speculation hell doesn't break loose now, but I have hope that the rest of you shall see your prizes soon.

Three to six weeks is the average. From what I gather, and this may be me reading into things that weren't there, the second container sat in customs alone for almost that long.

Also, does anyone know if the Canadian situation has been resolved yet? If it has then I figure that Reaper would have been sending out plain vampire orders to their Canadian backers while waiting for these shipments to come in, but I haven't seen anything to that effect.

No word on the Canadian situation that I've seen. With our luck the paperwork is sitting on the desk of one of the politicians that was involved in all the spending scandals we've had over the last couple of weeks....

I would also point out that Reaperbryan has gone to great lengths not to speculate on customs times because it is such a wild variable. I don't even want to think about averages until they clear that stage. After that, Reaper as a great deal more control over what goes on and that's when I'll start resume fantasizing about my shipment. I do hope that they update us (good news or bad) on the status of The Great Canadian Wall O' Red Tape™ after the containers clear US customs; seems like a synergistic time to address it.

• Like 2

Probably two weeks (+/-) at sea to Los Angeles, 1-2 days to unload, and 2-3 days by truck to Dallas metro, plus time in customs. Which works out to pretty much that 3-6 weeks that Bryan previously mentioned. (Or transit time plus 0-100% for government ... action.)

I don't have that information. From phrasing Bryan has used in the past I would say Houston, but that is complete speculation on my part.