Sign in to follow this  
jericodarkwynd

Status of next slow boat from china

LA was speculation and the times were based on 21 knots over the distance from Guangzhou to LA (around 7000 miles). (Shipping from Shanghai would be shorter; I don't know where Reaper is manufacturing figures.

Houston would probably add around 9 days at sea (around 12000 miles plus the time in the canal) but subtract most of the drive time from the port to Denton. (There's a reason that I-40 across northern Arizona and New Mexico is bumper to bumper* with container trucks.) It might be enough cheaper to ship to Houston that it would make sense to do that.

* Figuratively. Though it sure feels like it when you're driving that road.

Hey, I found two seconds to jump on here and confirm that the last boat is on the water, and I have a scheduled arrival time in hand for when it arrives at the Customs Depot in Dallas. I will not be sharing that precise date, because I cannot guarantee fast clearance through customs, but I promise an Update when it arrives. We have already been in contact with our customs agent to make sure that the required paperwork is pre-filed, and those documents that cannot be filed until arrival are at least filled out and standing by to be faxed. We've learned a few things about speeding things up, and hopefully we've learned enough!

Right now, and this is why I won't be on much at all until Fulfillment is over, I'm working on trying to clear out the factory to make room, put what we do have in place, and set up the lines for fastest possible fulfillment. I'm also working my normal production job, so I've had to sacrifice my time on here with you.

I'm still looking at two more "waves" of shipment - one between now and the final wave, that will include everything we have, and (fingers crossed) the Canadian shipments that aren't waiting for Wave 3. The second wave will be speed testing the system for the final wave, and it should go really fast.

I have no precise dates, but that's kind of where I am right now.

Upshot: Expect not to see much of me until July. I'm Probably not even going to see your responses to this.

Heisler, Qwyksilver, Ladystorm, and Shakandara have my Phone #. For urgent issues, one of them will text me, and I ask that if one of them says "Bryan told me" that you assume they're telling the truth, and that I really did tell them that. I trust them, and ask that you guys give them your support.

Mmm I think I missed something. So we have three containers, one on water (wave 3), one on customs (wave 2) and one on the factory...? If someone could clarify for this poor non native speaker ^_^

Mmm I think I missed something. So we have three containers, one on water (wave 3), one on customs (wave 2) and one on the factory...? If someone could clarify for this poor non native speaker ^_^

Let's forget the waves for a moment. There are 5 containers involved at this point. Container A is in hand at Reaper. Containers B, C, D, & E are on the water. It sounds like Bryan already knows when Container E will hit customs in Dallas and its the last to come in. So B, C, D & E are in varying stages between being on the water (D & E just hit the water earlier this week) and B and C are on the water and are close to or may already be at customs in Dallas.

• Like 2

I believe Container B has been held up in Customs for quite a while at this point. It was supposed to arrive at the Reaper facility sometime right around ReaperCon, or so it seemed from what Bryan had said in the "No Bones Yet" thread when the shipping delay update was first put up on Kickstarter.

I believe Container B has been held up in Customs for quite a while at this point. It was supposed to arrive at the Reaper facility sometime right around ReaperCon, or so it seemed from what Bryan had said in the "No Bones Yet" thread when the shipping delay update was first put up on Kickstarter.

Yeah, IIRC the phrase used was 'we have paperwork saying we should have it any day now' or words to that effect. I assume that hasn't changed seeing as how we haven't been told shipments have resumed.

I have to say that I've been astonished to see that customs can be as much hassle for business as for private consumers. I just always thought it must be . . . I dunno, easier somehow. And it's not! Sometimes it's even worse!

• Like 1

Here is the post from the No Bones Yet Thread

" **Expected timeline**

~may 25: Shipments begin -> March 30: Next container (A) ships, to arrive late April -> April 15:next container (B) ships to arrive early-mid May -> Late April, Container A in hand, resume shipments after ReaperCon; ALSO final container ( C ) ships to arrive late May -> Early may, ship next phase, using Container B -> Late May: Container C in hand, complete shipping, with an understanding that Early June might be needed for some processing, but we'd know more once we started.

**Actual timeline**

Late April, Container B did not arrive as expected. Customs was the delay, so we held our breath and crossed our fingers and waited for it to arrive, when it was clear that we needed to explain the delay that we had genuinely hoped would not exist, we posted an update. People were angry. Then the Manifest or Container C, which has shipped, did not include all of the items we were missing (this was late last week). We inquired, and discovered that, due to the size of the models, Container C would need to be made into additional containers. A revised schedule was requested, and when one was given, a new update was posted (yesterday). Again, people were angry.

As of this time, Container A is in hand, B & C are on the water, and D & E ship with a window of May 17-21. That's within the week, and I consider that to be good news - much better than the vague "soon" we'd been getting and repeating. We gave the latter date, assuming delays, although to be fair I don't think the earlier date changes timetables much. I'm not sure there's anything we could have possibly done differently. We acted in good faith on the information we had, and continue to do so."

You're reference to Container B is probably now Container A in Bryan's post.

Edited by Heisler

See, I read that as Container B being Container B the entire time. But I also read it with the impression that the phrase "on the water" means the whole shipping time. In other words, everything from the boat leaving China until it arrives at the Reaper building. So being held up in Customs would still fall under "on the water." Container A would have been the container that had all the Vampire boxes and made up the entirety of the currently shipped rewards. Basically, Container A is the only one they've actually managed to get their hands on within their original timeline estimations.

• Like 2

I can see that. So all we really know is that they don't have all the containers.

• Like 1

So, uh, are we waiting for all the containers to arrive before resuming shipping? Or will things be sent out as they arrive?

I'm still looking at two more "waves" of shipment - one between now and the final wave, that will include everything we have, and (fingers crossed) the Canadian shipments that aren't waiting for Wave 3. The second wave will be speed testing the system for the final wave, and it should go really fast.

• Like 2

So, uh, are we waiting for all the containers to arrive before resuming shipping? Or will things be sent out as they arrive?

So parts of containers A, B and C will constitute the second wave, and parts of containers A, B, C, D and E will constitute the third and final wave, and then whatever stock they have left after the last backer rewards have been shipped will be put up for sale at retail price.

Two cents: I'd like to know the latest dates at which the second and third waves could possibly ship in the next update. That way, I can prepare my mind for those dates and be pleasantly surprised if anything goes right.

Edited by thatguywiththeface