Status of next slow boat from china

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that customs is an unknowable variable, the literal answer to "when is the latest possible ship date" is really "the day of the apocalypse."

Now, that's the literal, take-it-all-the-way-past-logic answer. But it illustrates the reason Bryan is loathe to make specific shipping date statements. The likelihood is, with weather, canal closings, and customs in the mix, such statements will be wrong. And as much as we want our Bones, Bryan is tired of being called a liar for making statements based on best-possible information at the time.

That said, I'm sure he (or his appointed mouthpieces) will keep us posted as Reaper gets things in hand.

• Like 5

Worst Case - 6 weeks from China to Customs, 4 weeks in Customs (could be more, but 1 month is the worst that I've personally experienced), 3 weeks to pack, two weeks to ship would bring everything to us by app. August 28th. Of course, that's with everything taking quite a long as it can.

• Like 3

@Bohemian Hmmm....I thought they'd go insane instead....

@Ladystorm I'll try harder to actually stay on topic here ok? Please don't hurt me!

That being said....I'm wondering if holidays will effect the wait in customs. We have Memorial day on the 27th. What's the usual wait time for holidays? I was a little worried about the possibility of delays around July 4th too, but since Bryan has said they're aiming to have shipping done by then, it's not as likely a factor with customs. *crosses fingers* If all goes well, my Bones may come before PAX! :)

[MOD] Off Topic Chatter has been removed. [/MOD]

<MOD> and again...</MOD>

Not trying to be pedantic here, but the OP had a very specific question which he asked of Reaper, which Bryan very early in this thread has stated that he is unable/unwilling to answer. Everything after that has been off topic and/or speculation and/or attempts to lighten the mood around a subject of concern to many.

I'm thinking this particular thread is best locked, as I don't see anyone but Bryan being able to contribute anything on topic concerning the OP's original request.

I was unable to participate in the Kickstarter so I comment only out of academic interest.

I spoke with Bryan this morning. He is to busy planning and organizing at the moment to jump online. He reports that all containers are now on the water..

I honestly don't remember how long the estimated shipping takes, but then there is customs to deal with as well.

Probably two weeks (+/-) at sea to Los Angeles, 1-2 days to unload, and 2-3 days by truck to Dallas metro, plus time in customs. Which works out to pretty much that 3-6 weeks that Bryan previously mentioned. (Or transit time plus 0-100% for government ... action.)

Are they going to the Port at LA or are they coming to Houston?

I am rather surprised and fascinated to learn that:

• China-Panama-Houston-Interstate45-DFW

could be faster/better/cheaper than:

• China-Southern California-Interstate10-Interstate20-DFW.

I was unable to participate in the Kickstarter so I comment only out of academic interest.

I spoke with Bryan this morning. He is to busy planning and organizing at the moment to jump online. He reports that all containers are now on the water..

I honestly don't remember how long the estimated shipping takes, but then there is customs to deal with as well.

Probably two weeks (+/-) at sea to Los Angeles, 1-2 days to unload, and 2-3 days by truck to Dallas metro, plus time in customs. Which works out to pretty much that 3-6 weeks that Bryan previously mentioned. (Or transit time plus 0-100% for government ... action.)

Are they going to the Port at LA or are they coming to Houston?

Although I did participate in the Kickstarter I am content to wait; therefore my comment is also academic.

I expect it has to do what else is on the boat with Reaper's shipment, where that stuff originated and for where it's destined. As Houston is much more centrally located it is probably the preferred port for cheaper distribution. Conversely, SoCal is probably the preferred port for rapid distribution.

It could also be China -> Prince George -> rail to Chicago -> rail to DFW.

Prince George is a much shorter sea voyage from Asia thanks to the great circle route, then it becomes the speed of rail...

Back when I had a reason, I checked. A container can take, on average, two to four weeks on the water depending on the ports of call after it is loaded. It is not unheard of for a container to be "on the water" for up to two months. I am hoping the Bones show on my doorstop before Gen Con. And I hope that Bryan gets a couple of days at Origins. (Maybe the containers will be delayed long enough he can go?)

Hmm...Bryan said certain people would be speaking for him/were in direct communication with him on the forums right? Has there been any new information on shipping status given through these people? I'm not trying to be pushy here, I was just very curious. Of course, if there hasn't been, it's probably that Bryan is just that busy!! Sending my good will and any Ki that might help strengthen our dear Reaper peeps!

The only thing that could remotely be construed as new information is this post from facebook:
Reaper Miniatures Noting has change from our last announcements. Everything is still proceeding as scheduled. All product is now on the water from China and we are just waiting for it to get here. First container arrives today or tomorrow.

Yesterday at 1:34pm