Status of next slow boat from china

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, assuming customs moves smoothly, we're looking at the neighborhood of late june to mid july.

If it goes VERY smoothly, could be in ~2 weeks. They're waiting on one more to reach them, and D shipped on the seventeenth, which was 2 weeks ago. So there's a very, very slim chance they could get it in two weeks time.

Our poor Canadian neighbors might start a revolt! I can see it now....they'd start with waving their fists and looking disapproving, then have signs such as "Please clear the red tape!" or "You don't wanna see us when we're grumpy eh?". Of course, with both english and french translations or Aykroyd might brandish a marker at them! XD

There might be polite emails! Perhaps even letters!

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

Crocodiles are not as aggressive. However, Bryan says I can report the following:

Reaper has 2 out of 4 containers in hand now. Meaning they have cleared customs and are at Reaper's facility. There are two conditions for shipping to start.

1) A third container is received at Reaper's facility OR

2) The Canadian government approves the paperwork.

Shipping will commence when one of the two conditions has been met.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is a good, old-fashioned, bureaucracy-off!

Who can move slower? Which side has the stickiest tape and stampiest stamps? Stay tuned to find out.!

So far, I'd have to say that the Canadaian government is "winning".

• Like 1

The canadians did have a head start, didnt they?

And we've put that time to good use translating all of the submitted forms into french before forwarding them to the PMO where a crack team of translators will turn them back to english so that Nigel Wright can approve their being sent on to the CBSA.

• Like 3

So, assuming customs moves smoothly, we're looking at the neighborhood of late june to mid july.

If it goes VERY smoothly, could be in ~2 weeks. They're waiting on one more to reach them, and D shipped on the seventeenth, which was 2 weeks ago. So there's a very, very slim chance they could get it in two weeks time.

Well, first they have to clear customs, then reaper has to get the containers on hand and get them all neatly tucked away in their storage rooms and then they have to start the grueling process fulfilling orders, then it could take a while for everything to get to everyone....

TL;DR it'll be a while. Cease thinking about your bones and you may yet preserve what is left of your saniPFFFFT c:

Edited by thatguywiththeface

TL;DR it'll be a while. Cease thinking about your bones and you may yet preserve what is left of your saniPFFFFT c:

This is pretty much what I'm trying to do. I must admit this is made harder when people post stuff like 'I already have my Vampire Box, I can wait x amount of time for my add-ons.' :wacko:

I know people cannot help it but it does rub salt into the wound a little.

I feel for everyone in Canada too.

• Like 3

I'm in Europe, with double vampire, many optionals, 2 cases and 3 paint sets... Is june too optimistic?

Almost definitely. I would imagine August would be closer to when you get yours.

I'm personally not expecting anything before the end of July . To stop myself from bumming out, thinking about PAX Aus instead.