The scales of dead reptiles I've seen were drab and sun-bleached, however, they were drab lizards to start. Bog-eye (or shingleback if you prefer). They resemble a large poo with legs.

• Like 1

I love this pic.

9813709314_fa7576010f_b.jpg

"No no, I said click top right....never mind I'll do it!"

Also, very nice paint job. I really have to put one these guys together.

I would Really recommend it, I learned a lot about working with bones (not meaning the material but boneish monsters) also very fun to paint.

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 1

grabbed some more mini's I missed from the kickstarter at game goblins last night, the "Not" drider will be interesting to paint and update here as she's nude.

9824574915_bbee0c2161_b.jpg

Edited by pocketcthulhu
  • Like 5

Been a bit busy lately and haven't been painting, I took some time last night after work to play around with an idea as far as getting a base coat down.
I mixed about 4/1 matte medium to sapphire blue and went to work Over all I'm liking the slightly muted color, It still acts slightly like a wash so it took some extra coats but Over all much easier than a traditional wash on a bones.

will add some pictures soonish.

So like i was saying I used a lot of matt medium and a little bit of paint as a "wash" for base coating and here's the result. after this experiment I think this is going to be my preferred method of base coating large bones. Much less paint used to cover the areas there's still some sections that need additional coats but.

10407743074_c2335ebcf5_b.jpg

10407907873_421199ebff_b.jpg

10407755615_7e6bd96f12_b.jpg

• Like 6

So we had a blast at boo at the zoo, and I just spoke with Adrienne (spelling?) @reaper about getting the missing head shipped for my frost worm from the kickstarter, Very friendly and helpful as always.
So I'm heading to work soon >,> backed up paper work from taking a few days off, I plan on getting some more painting done tomorrow morning and updating with some pictures.

• Like 1

So I took tonight off to take my daughter to boo at the zoo so I figure this morning is a good time to get some painting in.

Hey, those animals are trying their best, no need to be rude...

• Like 2

quick and dirty paintjob for a female dwarf for pathfinder, I went over the skirt with a two stage highlight but it's still to light to notice... I gave up finished.

14742911828_7fc6c58f45_z.jpg

14742856329_1ca000b590_z.jpg

14742857599_92f542f838_z.jpg

Told you I'm not dead.

• Like 4

took today off work after a rough weekend shift and took a crack at my Long unfinished Maul.

14961925235_89b093479e_z.jpg

14938921566_6abb3842a8_z.jpg

14961567652_d9a295a51e_z.jpg

ignore the black glaze on the horns that was a mistake that will be corrected.

need to clean the upper jaw a bit but it's a start.

14775241779_f2dc7c7efd_z.jpg

the black glaze did wonders here imo.

14775241110_42c2d2ce92_z.jpg

went over the graveyard bone with some lighter vampire flesh

14938917326_e58a4d6a2f_z.jpg

• Like 3