Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Open air market (WIP...Booth #4...Game play terrain)...

post-11942-0-28269200-1368380744_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-66321800-1368380687_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-31226500-1368380626_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-79997000-1368380578_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-32121100-1368380528_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-14268300-1368380466_thumb.jpg

This is booth # 4 (Produce Market Booth) of my open air farmers market & renaissance fair table top (RPG) game board...Booth is scratch built; all wooden boxes/crates are scratch built...all produce items are buds & pickings off of artificial plants...bread/bottles/meat are all from wood, putty and stretched plastic sprue...honey jars are beads...barrel/knife/potato sack are from bits & pieces parts box.

Left to do...cloth top, selected signs & standard...This piece took me 4 days to build and it was a lot of fun!

• Like 5

I have to say the produce and other items all look amazingly well done. I was surprised to read what you make some of them out of.

Really looking forward to seeing everything you built all together for your market square.

• Like 1

I have to say the produce and other items all look amazingly well done. I was surprised to read what you make some of them out of.

Really looking forward to seeing everything you built all together for your market square.

I am also looking forward to seeing them all in proper display; but that is still some time off...I still have a minimum of (4) booths yet to build...a privy...a small stage for a dancing girl...and a few other selected things that would fit the theme.

I am also giving serious consideration to making this a stand-off piece (2 boards long) and not part of the shire/town directly (not in the center of town) but on the outskirts. If my town had cobblestone streets and was a larger town...I could see this being in the center of town...but since my shire is of a more rustic/rural nature with dirt roads, I think that a stand-off piece would serve me/my needs better.

• Like 1

This series is ridiculously cool and well done. I looking forward to taking my own stab at this sort of stuff (I will, however, cheat like hell, and use my new HA molds for as much of the items as possible).

~v

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dryadgaming/the-dryad-dice-chamber-and-dryad-essential-chamber

I backed his last project (dice towers), and found them well worth what ended up being a long wait to get them. It seemed only right to share, 'cause he makes REALLY PRETTY THINGS. Go look.

• By Aard_Rinn
      So of late I've been on a bit of a culinary kick wrt bread - I've been doing a lot of sriracha cheesebreads and the like to help handle something of an outbreak of avacados in the area, and we've valiantly beaten them back. So now, I've stepped on something new, that those of you who do a lot of technical baking may or may not have heard of: a japanese baking method called Tangzhong.

Anybody who's made choux pastry (profiteroles, eclairs, and the like) has at least a passing acquaintance with the method. Rather than simply using dry and wet ingredients mixed together, a third step is taken - to heat a part of the liquid and a part of the flour together into a heavy, choux-like paste before incorporating them with the rest of the recipe.

Why?

BECAUSE IT MAKES THE SQUOOSHIEST BREAD EVER.

(forgive the poop photos btw my phone is awful)

This is the recipe I used. I will be honest, I am a naughty baker, and didn't measure a gorram thing. Not one. Well, the eggs. I used two eggs. So I measured those. Heck, I barely even read how much I was supposed to use.

It fine, friendos. Life is chaos. Bread is chaos.

OH MY GOODNESS IT SQUOOSHY. This is easily the tenderest, lightest-crumbed bread I've ever made. One person I encountered while reading up on the technique described it as croissant-like, and that's pretty accurate - it definitely has the directional grain that a croissant does, although obviously without the super-thin layers. More of a tender, dense layering, where the whole thing is easy to pull apart. The bread I made was a pretty typical milk bread - the white soft sandwich loaves you get in Chinese grocers - that I obviously did up as pull-buns, but it would work fine as a loaf as long as you're willing to put the effort into shaping it.

And that's the key with this recipe, I think: shaping. You've gotta sort of... roll the dough into a flat rectangle, after it rises the first time, then roll it up into a tube? or else it didn't get flakey. I divided the loaf and then did that to each section, but I imagine there are several techniques.

Other than that... When you make it the dough will be WAY TIGHTER than you think it should (but not hard, just tight? if that makes any sense) - it's fine. Slap it and you won't dent it tight. It didn't get much softer after rising, either, the first time. I used an egg wash, you might not - up to you! It will be ROCK HARD crusted when it comes out - THIS IS A LIE. Give it 10 minutes to rest, it'll soften, but DON'T OVERCOOK IT or it won't.

Look at this bread:

(on it's side to vent steam)

mmm thassa sexy brad.

pat of cold butter:

MMM-MMM i am plating these like gordon ramsay is standing on my shoulder.

As another note, this dough can also be used to make tasty Bao, which are really not that easy to make unless you get the dough just right.

Hunk of dough:

Bao wrapper:

Bao filling (in this case, pork & mustard w/ some additional water chestnuts for crunch)

The next logical step:

Bao:

SO MANY BAO:

(And then the awkward last bit when you forget to take any pictures of the finished product...)

So yes, that was my week in breadmaking! It was tasty.
    • By catdancer
      FIGURE...REAPER #03303 (Amazon with spear)

COLLECTION...Amazon # 8...in my private amazon army collection

Hope you like it...
    • By catdancer
      VIGNETTE TITLE...THE CELLAR...

FEMALE FIGURE...HASSLEFREE (# HFV003 - STRUMPET)...

NOTE...This is the (3rd) one of the small vignette projects that I listed in my (WIP) projects for Oct-Nov 2013...
    • By catdancer
      VIGNETTE TITLE...Alice in Wonderland...

FIGURES...Reaper # 50209 (Alice & White Rabbit)...

VIGNETTE SIZE...(3" x 3") on a (4" x 4") wooden base with ceiling tile riser...completely scratch built except for the (2) miniature figures...

NOTE...This is the (1st) completed fantasy vignette of the dozen or so that I listed in my (WIP) projects for Oct/Nov...I am hopeful of getting 3 or 4 done from that list; pending the arrival of miniature figures needed for the given (title)...

Hope that you like this true fantasy fairy tale vignette.
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)