As you can see, he lost a few fingers in transport tonight. Which stinks, because while one was a glue join, the other was actually a resin break. The first I've suffered with a KD mini actually. And it's my fault for not transporting it better. Anyways, blue is almost done. I did what a friend suggested and tried to glaze a little purple here and there, although these phone pics might not show it. Just need to finish the busted hand, do the shoes, and then *gulp* the claws. And the mane. And base him.
E9E108D9-14BF-4397-8A54-383DF3364E96.jpg
E2169DD4-E83C-4EC2-BC24-22C8B9F10163.jpg

Edited by trystangst
  • Like 10
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of time to paint the last few days, but I did get some paint on the base. It's a shame the photo robs a lot of color from the base - it was primed black, based with GW Charadon Granite (dark green-grey), washed with SW Armor Wash (brown-black), heavily drybrushed with P3 Ironhull grey (lighter greenish grey), and then lightly drybrushed with VMC Basic Skintone (pinkish white). Of course the picture just looks grey. The stones still look too uniform, so I need a way to break it up a bit. Of course some of the contrast was lost too, but such is the nature of WIP phone photos.
98AF052F-3172-4A36-A16D-A8C48AB65F4E.jpg

• Like 11

Happy to see you got his fingers glued back on. The figure seems so delicate and I'd be scared to handle it if it breaks that easy. Love what you've done so far. Is that a dark base-coated fern to the front right of the picture or is it part of the stonework? Maybe liven up the base with some plants, green water stains or something along those lines to create some more interest and contrast with it?

January? Wow. Didn't realize I'd been quiet that long.

I've been awfully quiet lately - combination of work and some other things have kept me away from my brushes. My friend and I are focusing on GenCon this year, and have decided that we're going to challenge ourselves to focus on one mini at a time and actually complete it before moving on. This will be a perfect reason to re-focus and get the paint moving again.
So here's the first shots of my first entry (of two, three, or more - who knows).
Cryx Warcaster Deneghra (thoughtfully provided by my friend Elly).
0465B3E9-A72B-4124-8238-2E2A7E78C34B.jpg
9D80F2F6-45A9-4FA8-9A74-D0BA2A79AEEA.jpg

• Like 9

he lives!  did you have to grind the rust off of the ferrules on your brushes?  Can't wait to see where this goes!  You may want to do something with that texture that built up on the skin although I'm sure you're already cursing about it.

he lives!  did you have to grind the rust off of the ferrules on your brushes?  Can't wait to see where this goes!  You may want to do something with that texture that built up on the skin although I'm sure you're already cursing about it.

Sure felt like it. Yeah - it looks fine in person, but seeing these pics I'll have to take a closer look.

• Like 2