Sign in to follow this  
Arutema

Mega Minis Malignant Mushrooms

So while the Shrieker and Violet Fungus aren't my favorite PF monsters, one of my favorite PF modules has an encounter with them, and I decided it was about time to paint up some appropriate minis for it.

I initially planned on just a single-color base coat, but that looked boring in practice, thus I decided to freehand spots onto them.

I think I went a little too heavy with the wash coat on the violet fungus, but it turned out nicely on the shriekers I think.

post-11679-0-82759800-1368513331_thumb.jpg

post-11679-0-66473000-1368513333_thumb.jpg

post-11679-0-08206000-1368513335_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know, I think the purple one works just fine. Where did you find mushroom minis that don't have faces or fangs?

Mega Minis has a bunch in their "fantasy scenery" category.

So while the Shrieker and Violet Fungus aren't my favorite PF monsters, one of my favorite PF modules has an encounter with them, and I decided it was about time to paint up some appropriate minis for it.

I initially planned on just a single-color base coat, but that looked boring in practice, thus I decided to freehand spots onto them.

I think I went a little too heavy with the wash coat on the violet fungus, but it turned out nicely on the shriekers I think.

Shriekers and Violet Fungus can reak havoc on unsuspecting or careless characters... give 'em hell! :) I think they came out look good, your players should appreciate all your effort. Good Luck.

Mushrooms are actually quite easy to sculpt with green stuff and a short clipping of a paperclip.

Ya, I made my own for scenery on a dwarf's base. Was pretty easy. Now that Mega Minis is out of business /sniff, we'll have to make our own /cry

• Like 1

... are they? That web store looks pretty functional.

Edit: NEVERMIND! Just read the front page! Sorry!

Edited by Baugi
  • Like 1

You can still order stuff from Mega Miniatures this month. I just ordered stuff from them and received it promptly. Their front page says they are starting to sell of their molds on June 1 however, so if you are going to order better do it right away. Presumably whoever buys their molds will sell the miniatures, but we don't know how long before they start up selling again, or whether they will sell them at higher prices, or from another country with higher shipping, etc.