DixonGrfx KS Pledge Rewards WIP

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going out to Reaper again today for paint club. While there I plan to continue painting on the giant skellie. :)

This week I have painted on him some, as time allowed, but there isn't much to see difference wise. Then tonight I will be visiting my buddy that I loaned the photo studio to and will bring it home. So soon I should have some real quality shots to post up.

In the mean time I thought it would be fun to shoot him with a horde of minions and adventurers!

gskele18.JPG

gskele19.JPG

• Like 4

Looking at the minis all together makes me think that i may need to go back and tone down the red brown of the sword minions. They look off color now. Here is the show off thread for them. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44189-06052-skeletons-06053-skeletons-swords-03260-mangu-timur/

He's coming along very nicely! Nice touch with the gore on the tombstone, and the NMM on his sword is simply gorgeous!!! One question, though: Are the eyes done, or will you be doing more work on them?

Thanks for the perspective shot! Husband is seriously considering getting one, and now that I can see him compared to the other minis, I think he'd fit very well into our campaign (lots of undead things).

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

Thanks guys and galls. The NMM is a technique I am still learning and this one turned out ok but the photos hide some of the mistakes. The eyes are done. I may go back and put the slightest tint of green deeper into the sockets, but I don't want to lessen the intensity of the glow effect.

Quite simply, this guy is one of my top 5 from the KS. Worth every penny.

Ok. So big skellie is all done. Tomorrow I'll be taking studio pics and add him to my show off thread.

Added to show off. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49350-dixongrfx-ks-pledge-rewards/?p=769496

Now for something less ambitious. Spear carrying lizardman. :)

lizmanwspr01.jpg

lizmanwspr02.jpg

lizmanwspr03.jpg

lizmanwspr04.jpg

Off to a great start I think.

Edited by DixonGrfx
  • Like 3

Lizard Warior is done. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49350-dixongrfx-ks-pledge-rewards/?p=774115

Next up is 77032: Oxidation Beast

Started with some HD paints.

oxibeast01.jpg

finished the dark kaki and went back over some of the red areas with some red ink.

oxibeast02.jpg

more to come later.

• Like 1

Moved on to a PC. This is Pieter, he is a cleric in our game.

I started with his tabard and cloak.

pieter01.jpg

pieter02.jpg

Now I intend to step up my game. So here goes, NMM chrome armor. YIKES... intimidating... So this is just the sky reflection first stage.

pieter03.jpg

pieter04.jpg

well... there it is. Not sure how well its going... only time will tell.

• Like 2

still working on the cleric, but I started the Pathfinder Red Dragon too.

I began with a base coat of bright orange airbrushed on over his scales.

pfreddragon01.jpg

pfreddragon02.jpg

pfreddragon03.jpg

pfreddragon04.jpg

Then I debated over what color I wanted his secondary color to be. The studio paint went with black. I have seen that a bunch so I wanted to go with another color but with a dark value contrast. I picked deep red.

pfreddragon05.jpg

pfreddragon06.jpg

pfreddragon07.jpg

Next I added some deep almost black purple to his biggest horns then did a red ink wash over the scales to bring out the form in the scales.

pfreddragon08.jpg

pfreddragon09.jpg

pfreddragon10.jpg

pfreddragon11.jpg

Now I need to go back over the scales with my orange color to bring back the contrast and scale color.

Having a good time with him.

• Like 4