Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, I've started making a new display case for my mini's, a 16"x20"x1.25" shadow box, with a display shelf made out of HA blocks. This is still very much a WIP, but I'm eager about it. Questions, comments, criticisms, et cetera welcome. Yes, I know that one column is messed up.... I will be fixing that, and hopefully making another row tonight.

 

-Dave

 

DSC09690_zps54011cbd.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty cool. I'm jealous of all the space you have.

 

Thank you! This is actually my father-in-law's worktable at the glass studio (he mostly uses it for side projects and packing orders), so I have to clean it all up tonight (more orders going out tomorrow!).

 

But yes, it is awesome. I love that I have access to this area and all the tools therein. :D

 

-Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Silvervane
      Well, awhile ago I started making some terrain for my Frostgrave Dark Alchemy solo mini campaign.  Longish story....Then squirrels happened.  I then decided not to wait to finish my terrain, and just go with what I had made and not painted.  I'll nether confirm nor deny that I also used Lincoln Logs to make wall to fill out that first board (and there are no picture left to prove it). That round went well.  I then managed to finish up building the hirst arts wizard tower in a ruined form.  Next round went way worse... TPK.  You take 4 character and your wizard or apprentice.  They all got taken out by a series of bad dice rolls.  The bad dice roll continued and I failed all my survival rolls for the characters in that mission.  Well I decided I really wanted to finish this piece so here is a thread showing the before painting it.
       
      Here is some shots of built with my now deceased WIzard, who is roughly the same size as Sir Forscale.



    • By bluecrowlaura
      Hello all! Here are a few pics of my second official terrain project. It's a castle/boss chamber, I suppose. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started building it; I was just fooling around with my new molds, tinkering with dry stacking. This eventually emerged.
       
      I built it using Hirst Arts molds and bits from both Reaper and Mini Monsters. The Reaper parts are Large Sarcophagus (77540) and parts from Magic Treasures II and III. I made the flags from salad container plastic and various bits; one of these days I would like to go back and paint more detailed flags and replace these. I see so much amazing freehand banner work and I have artist envy...!
       
      Happy painting,
       
      Laura
       
       





    • By Genghis_Sean
      Used mold #344 from Hirst Arts to craft walls for my Zombicide: Black Plague game to take my game 3D.  Going to try it tomorrow night after we meet friends to decorate Christmas cookies with the kids.








    • By Silvervane
      Well, I had started Hirst Arts ruined field stone tower in an attempt to build terrain for Frostgrave.  After building some of the wall section, I had a bit of a Cat-trastophy with them.  My cat decided those pieces would look better on a cement floor... in pieces.  Since I posted in the September goals thread that I want to try and finish the building of the tower this month I thought I would post where I was in my progress.  Be warned, my skill are very lacking, as there are several uneven level, but it is a ruined tower.
       

      There are going to be three level inside the tower that are being pressed in an attempt to keep them level. Here is a shot of the pieces apart.

      I'll be more than happy to take any advice.
    • By Grumpy Cave Bear
      I'm in desperate need of organizing my work area. While cleaning, I found a small stack of foam core sheets. So, I formed a plan to get rid of some foam core sheets, open up some storage, and organize my painting area, all at the same time.
       
      Here's the project, presented wordlessly:
       













       
      Darn. I've run out of storage space already. I think I'll have to make a second one at least, what with more paint coming in from mail order and Reaper Kickstarters.
       
      Dimensions are 15" wide by 13" deep by 12-1/2" tall with a capacity of 126 bottles.
       
      Total material used for this project: just under 3 standard-sized sheets of foam board.
       
      It would have been 2-1/2 sheets, but on Tuesday the backboard went missing, and I accused the boys of taking it and playing with it and not returning it; on Wednesday I discovered the piece back where it was before after I had cut a replacement, and I accused the boys of returning it secretly to cover their earlier misdemeanor; and on Thursday my wife asked if I had noticed that I had got the foam core piece back, since she had borrowed it as a backdrop for taking eBay sale photos. I formally apologized to the boys for even suspecting them.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...