So, I've started making a new display case for my mini's, a 16"x20"x1.25" shadow box, with a display shelf made out of HA blocks. This is still very much a WIP, but I'm eager about it. Questions, comments, criticisms, et cetera welcome. Yes, I know that one column is messed up.... I will be fixing that, and hopefully making another row tonight.

-Dave

DSC09690_zps54011cbd.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty cool. I'm jealous of all the space you have.

Thank you! This is actually my father-in-law's worktable at the glass studio (he mostly uses it for side projects and packing orders), so I have to clean it all up tonight (more orders going out tomorrow!).

But yes, it is awesome. I love that I have access to this area and all the tools therein. :D

-Dave

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silvervane
      Well, awhile ago I started making some terrain for my Frostgrave Dark Alchemy solo mini campaign.  Longish story....Then squirrels happened.  I then decided not to wait to finish my terrain, and just go with what I had made and not painted.  I'll nether confirm nor deny that I also used Lincoln Logs to make wall to fill out that first board (and there are no picture left to prove it). That round went well.  I then managed to finish up building the hirst arts wizard tower in a ruined form.  Next round went way worse... TPK.  You take 4 character and your wizard or apprentice.  They all got taken out by a series of bad dice rolls.  The bad dice roll continued and I failed all my survival rolls for the characters in that mission.  Well I decided I really wanted to finish this piece so here is a thread showing the before painting it.

Here is some shots of built with my now deceased WIzard, who is roughly the same size as Sir Forscale.

• By bluecrowlaura
      Hello all! Here are a few pics of my second official terrain project. It's a castle/boss chamber, I suppose. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started building it; I was just fooling around with my new molds, tinkering with dry stacking. This eventually emerged.

I built it using Hirst Arts molds and bits from both Reaper and Mini Monsters. The Reaper parts are Large Sarcophagus (77540) and parts from Magic Treasures II and III. I made the flags from salad container plastic and various bits; one of these days I would like to go back and paint more detailed flags and replace these. I see so much amazing freehand banner work and I have artist envy...!

Happy painting,

Laura

• By Genghis_Sean
      Used mold #344 from Hirst Arts to craft walls for my Zombicide: Black Plague game to take my game 3D.  Going to try it tomorrow night after we meet friends to decorate Christmas cookies with the kids.

• By Silvervane
      Well, I had started Hirst Arts ruined field stone tower in an attempt to build terrain for Frostgrave.  After building some of the wall section, I had a bit of a Cat-trastophy with them.  My cat decided those pieces would look better on a cement floor... in pieces.  Since I posted in the September goals thread that I want to try and finish the building of the tower this month I thought I would post where I was in my progress.  Be warned, my skill are very lacking, as there are several uneven level, but it is a ruined tower.

There are going to be three level inside the tower that are being pressed in an attempt to keep them level. Here is a shot of the pieces apart.

I'll be more than happy to take any advice.
    • By Grumpy Cave Bear
      I'm in desperate need of organizing my work area. While cleaning, I found a small stack of foam core sheets. So, I formed a plan to get rid of some foam core sheets, open up some storage, and organize my painting area, all at the same time.

Here's the project, presented wordlessly:

Darn. I've run out of storage space already. I think I'll have to make a second one at least, what with more paint coming in from mail order and Reaper Kickstarters.

Dimensions are 15" wide by 13" deep by 12-1/2" tall with a capacity of 126 bottles.

Total material used for this project: just under 3 standard-sized sheets of foam board.

It would have been 2-1/2 sheets, but on Tuesday the backboard went missing, and I accused the boys of taking it and playing with it and not returning it; on Wednesday I discovered the piece back where it was before after I had cut a replacement, and I accused the boys of returning it secretly to cover their earlier misdemeanor; and on Thursday my wife asked if I had noticed that I had got the foam core piece back, since she had borrowed it as a backdrop for taking eBay sale photos. I formally apologized to the boys for even suspecting them.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)