Da Big Bones

I went down to Reaper today & picked up what they had of my Kickstarter order. While there one of the amazing staff at Reaper (I'm a horrible person, did not get a name) let me in to look at their display room, & lo & behold, THE BIG MINI'S WERE IN THERE!!!

(sorry. all I had was my iphone. Next time I'm up that way I'll grab my good camera & take some better pics of the whole room)

8742587172_f642f1c00c_z.jpg

8742586070_98fc41ae4d_z.jpg

8741468851_2d6bfe7bc5_z.jpg

8741466823_a324544fc9.jpg

8741465973_cf73b253fb_z.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, I didn't realize just how reflective Martin made Wyrmgear's wings... they're practically mirrors!

I thought so, too, at first. But closer inspection shows it's the glass of the display case, you can see the reflections continued on either side. The solid color just highlights the reflection.

• Like 1

Woah, I didn't realize just how reflective Martin made Wyrmgear's wings... they're practically mirrors!

Alclad is what he told me at ReaperCon. Great stuff, especially for replicating chrome.

I took this pic of Martin's Nethy' at RCon this year. I wanted a ref pic for the white lines on the head but ended up with a "glowing" version of the the mini. Love how the flash made the eyes & innards glow with a undead kinda feel to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttlnxyhe87ndfe0/2013-04-18%2021.52.14.jpg

All the Reaper staff are great people.

• Like 5

I thought so, too, at first. But closer inspection shows it's the glass of the display case, you can see the reflections continued on either side. The solid color just highlights the reflection.

Aw, looks like you're right. Still, pretty fantastic looking!

That's super cool, thanks for the pics!! Man, I wish I didn't live on the complete opposite of the country, otherwise I could go and meet the awesome Reaper peoples too (and pick up my Vampire and paints. ...I'm totally not jealous, really >.> ). But seriously, that's cool that you could do that, and share pics too!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Thanks so much for the pics, this has really ramped my excitement back up to pre-delay levels.

I was at Reaper Con a couple of weeks ago, and the reflection you are seeing is in the glass case. Now, Martin's paint job is magnificent... but the wings aren't that reflective.