Sign in to follow this  
Dai-Mongar

Judge Dredd Orangutan Sniper - Mongoose Publishing

Last one done for the weekend!

post-3125-0-08030900-1368665368_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is a banana in his pocket. He's probably still happy to see you, though.

I'm happy with how all the colours turned out on him, but he's leaning slightly forward on his base so it's a bit tricky to get a good photo angle.

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Street Judge and a couple of members from the street gang box. These are cast in WGs  new resin, and I'm not sure about it. Stuff is very flexible and the detail on the gangers is very shallow so you have use a light touch with the paint and it can be hard to figure out what you're painting. Turned out ok.

• By Mutilatedlips
      This mini said Paizo on the bottom and a date from the early 2000's. It reminded me of the Robert E. Howard Conan story "Rogues in the House" and painted him with red in his cloak as sort of an homage.

• By Maledrakh
      I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Grinding through the Bones 4 core set, we have reached the last two dozen....and a full dozen of those are kobolds! Soon there will be less than 10 left!

Today I did the Ape Attack! subset

I chose to go different paths with each of them. These are so big, I think they are more useful as individuals than as a team. After all, there is only so much you can to with three giant apes, one of which that for some reason seems to have joined the Roman legions.

And I was not kidding when I said they were giant apes:

They are twice the height of a man, and what looks like ten times the mass.

#83: The Great White Ape

Drybrushed from black with a series of offwhites, ochre, beige and greys, and a couple of skin tones on the nekkid flesh.
      This one does double duty as an abominable snowman.
      40mm base.

#84: The Barlgura

A barlgura is a D&D chaotic evil demonic creature of the Abyssal plane. Described as semi-intelligent and brutally violent, looking like an eight foot tall blue-skinned Orangutan with wickedly sharp claws. The model is of a much larger Gorilla...Well... close enough. Let's just call him King Louie and leave it at that. "Oobee-doo! I wanna beat up you-oo-oo!"
      50mm base

#85: Ingkay Ongkay 

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." (Gladiator, 2000)

So, Reaper...Pray tell. What is it I am not familiar with here? In what context might I need a giant romanesque-armoured gladius-wielding ape exactly?

50mm base.

#83, #84, #85 the Ape Attack! subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      40mm and 50mm bases
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.

Bones 4 core set: 143/163 just 20 to go! 
    • By planetmut
      Very happy with the eyes on this one as I usually screw those up. I guess buying a 18/0 brush was a good idea. Apologies for the photo, was taken with my phone.

• By Mckenna35
      Been working on this guy for a while now and I'm going to call him done now since I have to ship him out.  Old Halcyon vinyl kit of Judge Dredd.  First one of these I've finished.    Primered with Badger Stynylrez paints and all the flesh is Stynylrez.  Green is all Reaper colors.  Gold is Scale 75 shades and I'm not really a fan.  Took about 4-5 coats to get smooth coverage.  I really miss the old Polly S metallics!  Nothing since has come close for coverage and grain.    Base is Stynylrez grey, over sprayed with Polly S Concrete, cracks are all colored pencils.  Gold for the base was Vallejo Metal Color Gold which airbrushed great (I'll have to try brushing it on at some point).  Gold was washed with Liquitex Burnt Umber  artists paints, which was also flicked on the base to create stains.  Grunge and color variations on the base were created with various Secret Weapon pigments.  I needed to push the highlights on the green up a bit, but my lighting here isn't doing me any favors either.  WIP thread can be found here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85931-halcyon-18-scale-judge-dredd/

• Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)